autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

2 bucket wash with WG SI02 Coating Wash and ONR

It is winter here in NJ! Roads covered in salt and freezing temps. Hard to get the truck washed - been 3-4 weeks between washes on my black 2018 Silverado.

Did a full paint correction back in August I believe using WGDGPS and topped with Fuzion. Since then all I have been doing since was using the foam cannon with my pressure washer then doing a 2 bucket wash. One with just water and one with WGSI02 wash.

Well being that my hose was frozen, I bought one of the crappy expandable hoses but was afraid to use it with my pressure washer because of the tiny holes in the ends in fear of burning out the pump.

Figured I would improvise and use ONR in the dirty water bucket since it is very slick the dirt washes out of the mf mot easy and WGSI02 wash in the clean bucket. I cringed as I took my mf mitt on its maiden pass thinking I would be scratching my truck since it was covered in salt and grime. Had to he washed so I kept going with the 2 bucket wash. To my surprise, the ONR bucket held about 95% of the dirt. See attached pics when done washing my entire truck! The WG bucket is amazingly clean compared to the ONR bucket.

Onto the results - I'll let my pics speak for themselves! Did a little before, hydrophobic and dried shots. Super impressed with the WGSI02 wash and even more impressed using a combo of both!

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

2. Thanks Diner thanked for this post
    Likes Thomkirby, Diner, UncleDavy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2 bucket wash with WG SI02 Coating Wash and ONR

Nice job. Good to see people taking care of their rides even in brutal weather.

4. Likes pittpens24 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pittpens24 View Post
    It is winter here in NJ! Roads covered in salt and freezing temps. Hard to get the truck washed - been 3-4 weeks between washes on my black 2018 Silverado.

Did a full paint correction back in August I believe using WGDGPS and topped with Fuzion. Since then all I have been doing since was using the foam cannon with my pressure washer then doing a 2 bucket wash. One with just water and one with WGSI02 wash.

Well being that my hose was frozen, I bought one of the crappy expandable hoses but was afraid to use it with my pressure washer because of the tiny holes in the ends in fear of burning out the pump.

Figured I would improvise and use ONR in the dirty water bucket since it is very slick the dirt washes out of the mf mot easy and WGSI02 wash in the clean bucket. I cringed as I took my mf mitt on its maiden pass thinking I would be scratching my truck since it was covered in salt and grime. Had to he washed so I kept going with the 2 bucket wash. To my surprise, the ONR bucket held about 95% of the dirt. See attached pics when done washing my entire truck! The WG bucket is amazingly clean compared to the ONR bucket.

Onto the results - I'll let my pics speak for themselves! Did a little before, hydrophobic and dried shots. Super impressed with the WGSI02 wash and even more impressed using a combo of both!

Turned out very nice! curious how much sio2 wash/ gallons of water you used? I have some of the wg sio2 wash and looks like it played well with the fuzion.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PEAD19 View Post
    Turned out very nice! curious how much sio2 wash/ gallons of water you used? I have some of the wg sio2 wash and looks like it played well with the fuzion.
    2oz per 3 gal. of SI02. For the ONR did 1oz per 3 gal

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for the post, and thanks for including pics

8. Likes pittpens24 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I love this!! Thanks for trying this method out, looks like it worked very well for a wash that wouldn’t technically be considered a rinseless option. Truck turned out great and as somebody who’s only dealt with washing sedans and coupes in frigid temps, I commend you for doing such a large vehicle!
    Alumni Autogeek's first ever Roadshow Detailing Class Oconomowoc, Wisconsin

10. Likes pittpens24 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

So you just took the WG-infused mitts right to the contaminated paint with no pre-soak?
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
    So you just took the WG-infused mitts right to the contaminated paint with no pre-soak?
    Nothing other than a shot of water! The lubricity of the WGSI02 is insane

Post Thanks / Like

So not getting the process. Did you not use a hose and just 2 buckets? No pre rinse after rinse?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    So not getting the process. Did you not use a hose and just 2 buckets? No pre rinse after rinse?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sorry for any confusion. We had a 50 degree day today so I left work a couple hours early and took advantage. I did a traditional 2 bucket wash with a hose. Sprayed off all the loose dirt and salt with the hose and started washing. No pre-treat, no pre-soak, one mf mit.
    From using ONR in the past as a rinseless wash, I noticed it is easier to get the dirt out of the mitt as compared to just water. Because of that, I decided to try some in the dirty water bucket to aid in dirt and salt release from the mitt - the results were outstanding!

15. Thanks Coatingsarecrack, vincec, gorillapr thanked for this post
    Likes Coatingsarecrack, gorillapr liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast