autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Need help with Polish Angel

I’ve looked everywhere guys and I can’t find no specific guides to how to follow there products step by step in order.

So I did what you guys told me to do. I bought a panel from the junk yard and I’ve been practicing for the last 2 months now.

I feel confident enough now to work on my own car.

One crucial step I am confused about is: When I finish the polishing do I prep with Gyeon prep or is the Polish Angel primer spritz by itself enough? Or do I apply Gyeon prep then after the Polish Angel primer spritz? I just don’t know
    if this polishers need to be wiped out of the paint work
    with a degreaser? Or is that the polish angel primer spritz
    purpose?

Steps are going to be as follows.

• Wash and rinse car with Dawn Soap.
    • Spray car all over with Polish Angel ultra red for extra wash prepping. (Spray and rinse application.)
    • Use Gyeon Iron first to decontaminate paint work. Then Clay bar with Gyeon clay lube and Pinnacle Ultra poly clay bar.
    • Rinse car, and dry with leaf blower.
    • Polish with Polish Angel master compound.
    • Polish with Polish Angel master finish.
    • Apply Polish Angel Primer Spritz after polishing done(prep step for Glasscoat Cosmic V2)

Maintenance products are as follows.

• Polish Angel glissante shampoo.
    • Polish Angel carnauba arts Gold Zirkon.
    • Polish Angel glass coat cosmic spritz.
    • Polish Angel high gloss.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Need help with Polish Angel

Skip the Dawn. I wouldn’t bother ever using it on your car. Use glossless, normal car wash.

My understanding of PA Ultra Red is that it removes old waxes, grime, etc. This will do the work of what u wanted Dawn to do, and could be used as a prep by itself if your paint was in perfect shape. This step isn’t totally necessary since you plan to polish which will also remove the crap, but will only help and if you have it and are being thorough, use it.

If your paint has moderate to major swirls, the compound is probably necessary. If it was in good shape, just the polish might suffice.

Iron and clay are good where they are, or could even be done before Ultra Red (but keep it where you have it, best to cleanse the paint first I think).

As far as prep after polishing, just PA Primer Spritz will do the job of removing oils and prepping for Cosmic V2. Using Gyeon Prep is redundant for removing polishing oils... no need but wont hurt if you want to be overly thorough; and make sure you wipe real carefully for these prep spray steps (to avoid scratching). Using a degreaser to get rid of polishing oils isn’t a good prep for coatings in my opinion, since it probably leaves surfactants. Instead, degreaser is redundant to the Ultra Red step in my opinion.

In summary, Primer Spritz should be enough. Then I assume you will apply Cosmic V2.

As for maintenance, Cosmic Spritz is my first recommendation. Next, down the road a bit, add High Gloss as needed. Good Zircon could be used further down the road, and once that’s applied, you’re starting to veer off from the Cosmic behaviors. Nothing wrong with that, and the water behavior and looks will still be amazing, just different for a few mo the. Therefore, I just recommend using Cosmic Spritz for a bit, then High Gloss when you want some more oomph for looks and beading (not so much longevity though), then Gold Zirkon when you want to go from a cold, sharp, glassy look to a warmer, smoother, creamier look.

Glissante is fine, especially once Zircon is applied. There’s also Glasscoat Shampoo but I can’t recommend it as it’s crazy expensive per use.

Enjoy!!! You’ll love them all.

3. Likes fly07sti, rlmccarty2000 liked this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    Skip the Dawn. I wouldn’t bother ever using it on your car. Use glossless, normal car wash.

My understanding of PA Ultra Red is that it removes old waxes, grime, etc. This will do the work of what u wanted Dawn to do, and could be used as a prep by itself if your paint was in perfect shape. This step isn’t totally necessary since you plan to polish which will also remove the crap, but will only help and if you have it and are being thorough, use it.

If your paint has moderate to major swirls, the compound is probably necessary. If it was in good shape, just the polish might suffice.

Iron and clay are good where they are, or could even be done before Ultra Red (but keep it where you have it, best to cleanse the paint first I think).

As far as prep after polishing, just PA Primer Spritz will do the job of removing oils and prepping for Cosmic V2. Using Gyeon Prep is redundant for removing polishing oils... no need but wont hurt if you want to be overly thorough; and make sure you wipe real carefully for these prep spray steps (to avoid scratching). Using a degreaser to get rid of polishing oils isn’t a good prep for coatings in my opinion, since it probably leaves surfactants. Instead, degreaser is redundant to the Ultra Red step in my opinion.

In summary, Primer Spritz should be enough. Then I assume you will apply Cosmic V2.

As for maintenance, Cosmic Spritz is my first recommendation. Next, down the road a bit, add High Gloss as needed. Good Zircon could be used further down the road, and once that’s applied, you’re starting to veer off from the Cosmic behaviors. Nothing wrong with that, and the water behavior and looks will still be amazing, just different for a few mo the. Therefore, I just recommend using Cosmic Spritz for a bit, then High Gloss when you want some more oomph for looks and beading (not so much longevity though), then Gold Zirkon when you want to go from a cold, sharp, glassy look to a warmer, smoother, creamier look.

Glissante is fine, especially once Zircon is applied. There’s also Glasscoat Shampoo but I can’t recommend it as it’s crazy expensive per use.

Enjoy!!! You’ll love them all.
    Thank you so much for the reply. you have cleared a lot of my misunderstanding towards the products.

I will ditch the dawn soap and wash car with ultra red. Then decontaminate and clay bar.

My paint work is not bad at all. I have minor swirls it’s not heavily damaged with swirls or of the sort.
    So maybe I could just get away with using the PA master finish?

So I think it won’t be necessary to use the master compound and just polish with master finish to get rid
    Of the minor swirls? Then use PA primer.(I also bought the spray version just in case)

Yes glasscoat v2 will be applied last.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JAirCLS55AMG View Post
    Thank you so much for the reply. you have cleared a lot of my misunderstanding towards the products.

I will ditch the dawn soap and wash car with ultra red. Then decontaminate and clay bar.

My paint work is not bad at all. I have minor swirls it’s not heavily damaged with swirls or of the sort.
    So maybe I could just get away with using the PA master finish?

So I think it won’t be necessary to use the master compound and just polish with master finish to get rid
    Of the minor swirls? Then use PA primer.(I also bought the spray version just in case)

Yes glasscoat v2 will be applied last.
    Good plan, and a good habit for polishing is to always do test spots first. Try different pads with PA Polish first. That includes light cutting (like Lake Country Orange) if a polishing pad isn’t removing all the light swirls. I’m not sure what type of paint you have (Mercedes I assume), but if it isn’t rock hard, the Polish by itself may very well be sufficient. And if you do your last few passes soft with very little pressure (even with a light cutting pad), it should finish out nice with no hazing, therefore ready for the Primer Spritz.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Good plan, and a good habit for polishing is to always do test spots first. Try different pads with PA Polish first. That includes light cutting (like Lake Country Orange) if a polishing pad isn’t removing all the light swirls. I’m not sure what type of paint you have (Mercedes I assume), but if it isn’t rock hard, the Polish by itself may very well be sufficient. And if you do your last few passes soft with very little pressure (even with a light cutting pad), it should finish out nice with no hazing, therefore ready for the Primer Spritz.
    Yes I have a Mercedes Benz CLS55 AMG.

Ok I will start off with the Polish with LC orange pad and go from there. I have all the color schemes in LC pads.

The PA primer should be applied with a finishing pad correct? Like for example a black LC pad?

Post Thanks / Like

Yes I have a Mercedes Benz CLS55 AMG.

Ok I will start off with the Polish with LC orange pad and go from there. I have all the color schemes in LC pads.

The PA primer should be applied with a finishing pad correct? Like for example a black LC pad?
    Start with LC white. Always try least aggressive first and go more aggressive from there. Make sure you have at least 6 pads of whatever you go with and change them out every 1/6th of the car so they don’t get saturated and stop working to their ability.

For Primer, if you’re using Glasscoat Primer Spritz (in the spray bottle), just spray, wipe, then wipe until dry. No polishing needed.

If you’re using Glasscoat Invincible Primer (not the spray), the black finishing pad would be fine.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Start with LC white. Always try least aggressive first and go more aggressive from there. Make sure you have at least 6 pads of whatever you go with and change them out every 1/6th of the car so they don’t get saturated and stop working to their ability.

For Primer, if you’re using Glasscoat Primer Spritz (in the spray bottle), just spray, wipe, then wipe until dry. No polishing needed.

If you’re using Glasscoat Invincible Primer (not the spray), the black finishing pad would be fine.
    Ok thanks so much.

Post Thanks / Like

Ok thanks so much.
    Check out my PA Post on my Rogue.

New 2019 Nissan Rogue and Polish Angel Invincible Primer / Glass Coat Cosmic
    2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by custmsprty View Post
    Just finished reading through your thread.

For the polish step you only used invincible primer? So you could use this as a polisher to correct minor imperfections? Was this because the paint was in fairly good condition?

Post Thanks / Like

I’ll let Custmsprty speak for himself, but his paint was brand new, and Invincible Primer (polish, not spray) can indeed lightly polish brand new or great condition paint.

12. Likes custmsprty liked this post
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast