autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Need help with Polish Angel

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    I’ll let Custmsprty speak for himself, but his paint was brand new, and Invincible Primer (polish, not spray) can indeed lightly polish brand new or great condition paint.
    Even after clay bar?

I am even questioning now if I should even clay bar.(need to clay)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JAirCLS55AMG View Post
    Even after clay bar?

I am even questioning now if I should even clay bar.(need to clay)
    I’m not sure of your exact paint condition... I would still recommend doing a test spot. It’s possible that the Primer alone will leave a finish you’re happy with, even after claybar (not sure if Custmsprty clayed). Claying leaves only light marring behind, it shouldn’t take much to get it out.

Post Thanks / Like

^^I should have mentioned, a baggie test should determine whether claying is needed.

Post Thanks / Like

Do you have the C before the paint code number on the cars plate where such of information is on? If so you have ceramic kind of paint which is a step up in hardness of MB paints and they are hard to begin with. Sure you can try to do a test spot with the Invicible Primer Polish. My personal preference if useing a primer polish is to use it as the last step of polishing with a finishing foam pad. So I look at them as a jeweling polish step. You can if you want to do a test spot with a foam polishing pad and see where it gets you. It's diminishing abrasives of very high quality. PA recommend to if you don't get the defects down with the polishing pad and Invicible Primer Polish. You move directly to the PA compound. So Invicible Primer Polish on a polishing pad is effective to remove minor defects and marring.

Since you have a leafblower to dry the car with. I useally start with rinse off any loose dirt and debris off. If you have a foamcannon and PW I will use a prewash foam. And if you have a foam gun you can foam and rinse off. Then I dry with the leafblower and apply the degreaser and in your case the PA Red Degreaser. When it has dwelled enough I do the a wash with it still on the car. This is to get a little more effective cleaning ability from it. Rinse and dry with the leafblower and apply the iron remover. Iron remover and degreasers works way more effective if applyied on a dry paint. Rinse and dry and do the baggie test on the lower side panels and the hood for an example as there is where you often gets the most contaminants build up. If you have a lot of bleeding reaction from the iron remover I would be claying anyways. As if they have been on for a longer time they are not always desolves enough to be rinsed off. With the clay and iron remover it's enough to get them off. Otherwise if I don't are going to clay I do a little test spot after the first application of the iron remover and rinse off. On the place or places where I got the most bleeding reaction from. This is to see if it's been desolved enough to be rinsed off. If it's still bleeds the iron particals is still left in the paint. Either I apply the iron remover again and when it's dwelled enough I take a damp mf towel and aggitate lightly with it as this also does amp up the effectiveness from the iron remover and every chemicals products. Or do the claying anyways as it's useally enough desolved for the clay to pick it up and just not shave off the top of the iron particals if you where not to be useing an iron removerbefore the claying.

Wash again and dry the car and start with the test spot/spots. Since you have the PA compound and polish and if you where to use the Invicible Primer Polish. You should not be needed to be useing the Gyeon Prep. The primer polishes has solvents that's desolves the polishing oils and to be able to evaporate off with the solvents after or during the wipe off with Invicible Primer Polish. If you want to be on the safe side you can be doing a wipe down with the Gyeon Prep between the polish and primer polish. I would not recommend to be doing it after the Invicible Primer Polish the Gyeon Prep as it has those bonding agents to get the Cosmic v2 coating to get to the hardest bonding and cureing on the paint. Actually I don't know how the Invicible Primer Spritz would work to be doing a wipe down with on the Invicible Primer Polish. Not to get more bonding agents on but to use it to desolve any polishing oils left for insurance or to get the little of dust off if you wait some time until the Cosmic v2 application.

Post Thanks / Like

Dawn is for dishes! Grab a bottle of CarPro Reset for your maintenance washes.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    Dawn is for dishes! Grab a bottle of CarPro Reset for your maintenance washes.
    wouldn't the carpro reset strip or degrade the cosmic glass coat?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tim500 View Post
    wouldn't the carpro reset strip or degrade the cosmic glass coat?
    Nope…. Reset is PH neutral. Also glass coat is their “coating” so I would think it could stand a little alkaline/acidic action.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    Nope…. Reset is PH neutral. Also glass coat is their “coating” so I would think it could stand a little alkaline/acidic action.

From the description “May degrade organic waxes and polymer sealants”. Would that apply to polish angel?

Post Thanks / Like

Need help with Polish Angel

Quote Originally Posted by tim500 View Post
    From the description “May degrade organic waxes and polymer sealants”. Would that apply to polish angel?
    Technically it’s their coating which should be stronger than saxes and sealants. I’ve used Reset on Cosmic spritz (sio2 topper for cosmic glass coat) with no I’ll effects.

That’s the one thing I don’t get.

It seams to be just soaps/surfactants and stated to be PH neutral. if that’s the case it shouldn’t degrade any of that.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    Technically it’s their coating which should be stronger than saxes and sealants. I’ve used Reset on Cosmic spritz (sio2 topper for cosmic glass coat) with no I’ll effects.

That’s the one thing I don’t get.

It seams to be just soaps/surfactants and stated to be PH neutral. if that’s the case it shouldn’t degrade any of that.

Would Gyeon Bathe Plus interfere with polish angel?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast