autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: F11 - Love it, but is there a better choice

Quote Originally Posted by MarkD51 View Post
    As for a show vehicle that is not in any way a daily driver, then I'd say there's a lot of pros and cons to a paint coating IMO. Yes, paint is paint, but a show vehicle isn't being subjected to the rigors that a daily driver is for one.

I'm of the camp that would agree with some of the show car owners I know, and how they feel, "less is better". One friend of mine with his show winning fully restored all black 1968 SS396 Chevy Chevelle basically does noting to his vehicle except hit it with a detailer spray prior to showing the vehicle. This vehicle is no longer driven on the street ever.

The only "driving" that's done is putting it in, and taking it out of his $16K Enclosed Car Trailer to take to shows.

The only damages I've seen that has occurred to his paint under very close scrutiny, is you might see a little teensy weensie sleek here and there, mostly where I seen it was on one of the front fenders, and that is no doubt caused by taking the car cover on and off since it was last painted. As everyone knows, on black paint you see everything! On any other color, such could never even be seen.

Last time that car was in a shop for such work, re-spray-etc, I recall him saying they handed him a $40K Bill. Ouch! LOL Estimated value of this car he's told me, $120,000. He's got more trophies than Carter's got Pills!
    I totally can relate. Have over $150k in mine but it is by no means a trailer queen! Been saving money and parts for the last 20 years. Just about done now. I want to enjoy all my hard work and drive the hell out it! Being it is a showcar, it will never be driven in the rain. That being said, this was my intention for the ceramic coatings, but I also need that second to none gloss

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Re: F11 - Love it, but is there a better choice

Quote Originally Posted by FUNX650 View Post
    Find something you like and use it often

IMO:
    You’ve taken one of my favorite Mike Phillips’
    adages to the next level; ie: Loving a product
    evokes way more passion than liking a product.

With that in mind:
    Listing another ‘maintainer product’ that I believe
    to be either “a better choice”; or, that “I would put
    on my own car where true product performance is
    the end result”...would be a moot point.

I’m sure that by now you have the gist of this
    Forum’s intentions well in hand. Amiright?

Bob
    I totally get that reference. I do "love" the end result of the product. I am new to protective coating field and nieve. I fell for their marketing and liked it. I am also not that guy promoting this stuff by any means. I am looking for recommendations of comparable or better products, which a few mentioned beadmaker and Mike with his own home use of the Pinnacle Black Label line.
    I also get to each their own, but looking for apples to apples. I'm stuck driving this detailing Chevette right now and want to upgrade to a Corvette.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123