autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021222324 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Turtle Wax Seal and Shine

Washed the wife's car for the first time since using this 3 weeks ago. Using a foam gun and WG auto bathe could not get the foam to cling and get the "snow look". The foam literally was beading up and rolling off. Good stuff. Underrated for sure.

Just beware of the spots on the glass and be sure to do a walk around with a clean finish towel.

2. Likes Klasse Act, Misterpaul liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Neighbor and I did his daughters Altima pearl white. Cool morning and no problems with application. Car did turn out nice

4. Likes Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Turtle Wax products are buy on get on at half off at Meijer right now. Just stocked up on TWSS!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

2009 Ford Fusion SEL AWD
    3.0L V6, Tein H-Tech springs, Whiteline RSB, 35% Tints, HD Lip, Magnaflow Axle Back
    2015 Ford Fusion 2.0 Ecoboost AWD

6. Thanks Klasse Act, Misterpaul thanked for this post
    Likes Misterpaul liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MadMerc View Post
    Turtle Wax products are buy one get one at half off at Meijer right now. Just stocked up on TWSS!
    Thanks for the heads up MadMerc! I’ll have to have my older brother (Meijer employee) get me a couple bottles of Snow Foam, I’ll get an additional 10% discount.

I just went on Meijer app and saw that Meguiar’s Ultimate and Lucas Chemicals are also on buy one get one half off. Better still, Mobil1 gallons are $12.00 off with mail in rebate printed out at check out, limit 4.
    2017 Phantom Black Metallic Chevy SS, automatic, skylight, plus unused wheel in the boot.

8. Likes Klasse Act, MadMerc liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Hope I will get a couple of hours of cloudy wheather so I can do a thorough wash and top up the protection. Much needed it looked like on the TW SNS part when it rained today. On the vertical panels I have the new version of Gyeon Wet Coat. Which is looking awesome and the self cleaning ability from it is top notch. The TW SNS is on the horisontall panels and during the summer months gets more beating than the vertical panels does. But the Wet Coat is far ahead of TW SNS. May be that the SNS was a bit comprimised as it where very humid and had a very grabby removal and basicly when I was done it started to rain. So I don't count it out yet LOL.

Have not washed since applyied so it can be revived some the SNS. But on the roof it's 2 areas where it looks like it has failed. Will be doing an update when I have washed the car. And hope to get a good wheather for a new layer of SNS. The Gyeon Wet Coat is very impresive the new version. I have used 2×1L of the old version of Gyeon Wet Coat. And did not get this results from it that I have experienced so far. While the SNS seems to be on it last leg and could be cause of the dirt and the not so good wheather when applyied. The Gyeon Wet Coat was applyied at the same time. The water beads are tight and uniform and great sheeting and looks cleaner than the SNS. So just a little notch from looking freshly applyied. Hope to see the SNS comes back some on it's behavior after the wash. Will try to take before and after pictures when I wash next time.

10. Likes acuRAS82 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SWETM View Post
    Hope I will get a couple of hours of cloudy wheather so I can do a thorough wash and top up the protection. Much needed it looked like on the TW SNS part when it rained today. On the vertical panels I have the new version of Gyeon Wet Coat. Which is looking awesome and the self cleaning ability from it is top notch. The TW SNS is on the horisontall panels and during the summer months gets more beating than the vertical panels does. But the Wet Coat is far ahead of TW SNS. May be that the SNS was a bit comprimised as it where very humid and had a very grabby removal and basicly when I was done it started to rain. So I don't count it out yet LOL.

Have not washed since applyied so it can be revived some the SNS. But on the roof it's 2 areas where it looks like it has failed. Will be doing an update when I have washed the car. And hope to get a good wheather for a new layer of SNS. The Gyeon Wet Coat is very impresive the new version. I have used 2×1L of the old version of Gyeon Wet Coat. And did not get this results from it that I have experienced so far. While the SNS seems to be on it last leg and could be cause of the dirt and the not so good wheather when applyied. The Gyeon Wet Coat was applyied at the same time. The water beads are tight and uniform and great sheeting and looks cleaner than the SNS. So just a little notch from looking freshly applyied. Hope to see the SNS comes back some on it's behavior after the wash. Will try to take before and after pictures when I wash next time.
    Next time try the reverse and see how GWC stands up.

Post Thanks / Like

I tried Turtle Wax Seal and shine as a topper for a ceramic coating on the yearly maintance detail for one of my clients... OH MY GOD!!! It streaked so much! I had to use glass cleaner to remove it. I tried re-wiping in with more product but not matter what I did, all I got was streaks all over the panel the second the product touched it. So if you plan to top off ceramic coating with this product, don't! Reload did a great job once TWSS was off the panel.

13. Thanks Celabe thanked for this post
    Likes Celabe, Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Calendyr View Post
    I tried Turtle Wax Seal and shine as a topper for a ceramic coating on the yearly maintance detail for one of my clients... OH MY GOD!!! It streaked so much! I had to use glass cleaner to remove it. I tried re-wiping in with more product but not matter what I did, all I got was streaks all over the panel the second the product touched it. So if you plan to top off ceramic coating with this product, don't! Reload did a great job once TWSS was off the panel.
    Interesting observation! Thanks for sharing.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Calendyr View Post
    Just did my Q50 with S&S over CQuartz and went on without a hitch.

16. Likes Coatingsarecrack, The Guz liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rsurfer View Post
    Next time try the reverse and see how GWC stands up.
    Thinking to apply the GWC on the back part of the roof. And see how it goes. Maybe it would be better to apply it side by side. Could do that on hood easier I think. The time I applyied the SNS was not a good condition to be doing this in. So no fault on the SNS but on user error if anything. And will try to apply on a vertical panel as well. As my main thought of use would be for the winter months here in Sweden. Was eager to try it out when I applyied it last LOL. And also eager to try the new version of Gyeon Wet Coat as well. So was just how I did without any thorough and equal testing in mind. During the winter months here in Sweden the side panels and the back of the car take the most hit and also building up contaminants of tar spots and iron particals more during this time. And with seeing the TW SNS and it's great ability to fight off chemicals and also holds up to them. I think that it could be a great LSP to have during this time for me. So it will be going through a tuff environment when the times comes. And then it's not so much of the water beading. Just on how well it works with all a harsh winter weather is effecting it. And will be doing some more layers off the SNS before the winter comes to build up as much it can be.

18. Likes KBsToy, acuRAS82 liked this post
Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021222324 LastLast