autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Turtle Wax Seal and Shine

Quote Originally Posted by WRAPT C5Z06 View Post
    What’s unique about it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Well, when you spray it on the panel the consistency isn't very watery like you might expect, that's first. Next is when you wipe it in, it spreads and you have to work it, again, not some watered down product like you might expect and finally the final buff is SO EASY. Usually a similar product has one of these 3 features, all 3 are found here with TWSSTurtle Wax Seal and Shine

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

2. Thanks WRAPT C5Z06 thanked for this post
    Likes Misterpaul liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Just bought the new TW Ice snow foam soap, can't wait to get it. I'm going to try 2 ounces in my IK Foam 9 and see how that works for startersTurtle Wax Seal and Shine

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

4. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

We got some more rain today. And when I looked into this thread I remembered that I was going to take some beading pictures LOL. It has just cleared up from the rain this evening in Sweden.

Turtle Wax ICE Seal N Shine it seems like I was able to buff it off good. It's hard to see on a white paint slight smearing. And an acceptable beading I think. Not the most extreme I have seen and not the worse either. And is confident on a better preped paint I would get better results from the water behavior. Will try to put on another layer when able to. What I did notice on this car that has some deeper swirls that needs compounding I think. Is that it filled the finer swirls pretty great actually. It was clearly in the sun that it was the deeper ones that showed. So another plus for SNS in my book. Will be fun to see what an extra layer of it in better conditions can get me.

Some beading pictures and remember it can be some residue left that may excell the beading after the next wash.

The rest of the car got Gyeon Wet Coat on it. And this new version really gets the water behavior up to high performance. I have used it before on this car and it needed at least 2 applications to get to this level. So I at least noticed a bump up in strenght from it. And I think that it's like SNS that on a swirled up paint it takes a couple of applications to get the paint smooth enough to get a high water contact angle. Compared to TW SNS I think that Gyeon Wet Coat is glossier and more hydrophobic. But SNS filling ability is better and a little more glow from it vs the Wet Coat crispy and sharper looks you get from it. Think that I may like SNS looks better on my silver metallic paint as Wet Coats look is hard to beat on white paint IMO. When useing the Wet Coat on the silver metallic paint the sun almost flushes out the sharp crispy look from it. And that's why I like a more carnuaba glow look on my silver metallic paint.

Gyeon Wet Coat in action. Application 2 sprays on a wet panel and spread it out with a mf applicator sponge and PW rinsed off thoroughly so the water pressure makes it to bond as good as possible. I like the water behavior a lot from only 1 application of the new version of Gyeon Wet Coat. So if you like a high sharp crispy look and a very good water behavior. Get you some Gyeon Wet Coat and see how you like it.

Also as plus from both products the plastic trim needed to be protected and looking a little dull but these took care of it. A little nod to TW SNS in this comparison on the plastic trim.

/ Tony

6. Thanks acuRAS82 thanked for this post
    Likes Klasse Act, rlmccarty2000, PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bofh View Post
    Concours Nova Jet. I bought some from Australia and had it sent to me along with Concours Nova Lustre. The Lustre is wonderful and I'm just a few weeks into what I hope is an endurance test vs. PNS. It goes on just as easy as Bead Maker and claims many months of protection. I applied Jet on a different panel (and, on a 3rd panel, Jet over Lustre) and didn't enjoy it. It's really hard to wipe off. I'm still finding streaky patches weeks later. Jet did really well in some comparisons but in my situation I didn't like it.

I was getting ready to pull the trigger on Jet until I read this.

'03 Corvette Z06

Post Thanks / Like

While the chemical repellencie is unreal, I wonder about longevity and physical abrasion/or erosion. Waxmode's video at 5 months was somewhat telling on that area.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WRAPT C5Z06 View Post
    I was getting ready to pull the trigger on Jet until I read this.
    Lustre is really nice, fwiw.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RPPM View Post
    While the chemical repellencie is unreal, I wonder about longevity and physical abrasion/or erosion. Waxmode's video at 5 months was somewhat telling on that area.
    Meh for a spray on product physical abrasion resistance isn’t gonna be high. In fact almost no product lasts with physical abrasion. I take a car with SNS on it through a soft brush car wash and it’s held up so far better than most. I’m continuing to monitor it. With no rain probably take it through again Friday. If we get a shower and it gets dirty I’ll take it through sooner

It’s likely a 3 month product with autogeek style bucket washing. Some will get more some less. I don’t know how anyone would have a problem applying this again each 3 months give or take.

The price has been outstanding on and off and the protection has been good for as long as it’s been around

11. Thanks RPPM thanked for this post
    Likes Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Rained tonight: beading shots

TWSNS:

PA COSMIC

Old shots HS recharge v2

Close on all 3 but I feel HS recharge had tightest most uniformed beads. Still impresses me the TW and PA are on a prepped hood, recharge was not. As for beading off the car Cosmic is near coating like.

PA says if used with primer spritz cosmic spritz will last 12-14 months. Turtle Wax Seal and Shine

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    Rained tonight: beading shots

TWSNS:

PA COSMIC

Old shots HS recharge v2

Close on all 3 but I feel HS recharge had tightest most uniformed beads. Still impresses me the TW and PA are on a prepped hood, recharge was not. As for beading off the car Cosmic is near coating like.

PA says if used with primer spritz cosmic spritz will last 12-14 months. Turtle Wax Seal and Shine

Is the HS Recharge picture old, or is the picture current on HS Recharge applied long ago?

Post Thanks / Like

Turtle Wax Seal and Shine

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    Is the HS Recharge picture old, or is the picture current on HS Recharge applied long ago?
    The hydrosilex was from winter. Bout 4months old I believe when pick took. No prep at all to hood. No Lsp as far as I could tell. 1st thing I applied to car and it’s what got me back into this hobby...

Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast