autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 131415161718192021222324 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Turtle Wax Seal and Shine

A month later. Just rained today. How can I get more shine in addition to using TWSNS? As I've said before, it looks good, but not great.

Turtle Wax Seal and Shine-img_4794-jpg

Turtle Wax Seal and Shine-img_4795-jpg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Turtle Wax Seal and Shine-img_4734-jpg  

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NJNinja View Post
    A month later. Just rained today. How can I get more shine in addition to using TWSNS? As I've said before, it looks good, but not great.

Put another coat and it will look great again.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NJNinja View Post

If you weren’t wowed by the shine originally, maybe adding another coat would improve it... other choices are
    - pick another, fancier SiO2-ish topper (or ICE Spray Wax)
    - Or try some QDs which usually add a very nice, slick shine for a few days. The new PBL SiO2 QD, WG Waterless Wash, CarPro Elixir, IGL EcoShine Enhancer, or other SiO2 QD is an option.
    - Or, Wolfgang SiO2 Car Wash, which definitely adds gloss (and additional protection that beads really nice) for more than a few days.

NOTE: If you are reading this tonight, AG has the Buy One Try One deal: buy WG SiO2 Spray Sealant, get either WG Waterless Wash or WG SiO2 Car Wash.

4. Likes CleanIT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I use the ICE Spray Detailer after the wash, it makes the shine really pop.
    Don M
    2017 Camaro 2LT
    376 RWHP, 6-Speed manual

6. Likes CleanIT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Ice Spray Wax adds more pop than SNS and they work well together.

8. Likes CleanIT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Much better experience this time when I applyied SNS in a not high humidity. Have half of the hood with SNS and HCW. And the last wash was SNS a notch ahead before the wash. After the wash it's equal again so SNS stay cleaner a little better than HCW.

Got so curious when Jon at The Forensic Detailing Channel on Youtube did show a product during his testing that he was impressed with. He doing testing on the spray on rinse off products like HCW and Gyeon Wet Coat and Sonax Spray and Seal and a couple of more of them. The product is another TW product with SNS technology in it. Turtle Wax Dry N Shine is the name of the product. I looked at the US Turtle Wax site but did not find any product like this. So for now it's a TW EU offered product. But who knows this maybe comes your way soon. It will be interesting to see how it looks and performance from it. On the video trailer of the testing these products. He gets a very high gloss reading from Sonax Spray and Seal though. I like this too and have a more look at the carnuaba glow look. The TW DNS he didn't said the numbers but to when he gives a suggestion like this it's useally a really great performer. So looking forward to see the comparison video on the Forensic Detailing Channel soon.

And for you that want some gloss. Test out the Sonax Spray & Seal as it's really great looking. And holds up great too with 3-4 months of great performance from it.

SONAX Spray + Seal, spray sealant, spray-on rinse-off

/ Tony

10. Thanks acuRAS82, oneheadlite thanked for this post
    Likes Klasse Act, acuRAS82 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Whilst driving home in the monsoon tonight it turned into a deluge. I was enjoying watching the beads run up the hood then across the hood as the wind whipped the rain sideways. After I pulled into the garage I snapped these pics.

BTW: closing in on 6” of rain for the day, 4.5” since I got home about 5:45.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    2017 Phantom Black Metallic Chevy SS, automatic, skylight, plus unused wheel in the boot.

12. Likes PaulMys, SWETM, acuRAS82, SANTA3013, Diner liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Lets face it , TW makes some great products.People that dont like it usually never tried it. It is not as good as some as the $80.00 a bottle stuff , but for the price its hard to beat. Most of the paints good looks come from the polishing, not from the sealer. Ive used many different good products, some better then others. TW may not make the best but its well up there.

14. Likes PaulMys, CleanIT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Larry A View Post
    Lets face it , TW makes some great products.People that dont like it usually never tried it. It is not as good as some as the $80.00 a bottle stuff , but for the price its hard to beat. Most of the paints good looks come from the polishing, not from the sealer. Ive used many different good products, some better then others. TW may not make the best but its well up there.
    I have yet to try the TW Seal & Shine (I have WAY too many products).

But I am convinced it is a great product from all of the shared experiences here.

Turtle wax has that stigma of being remembered as "That old wax my dad used" or..... "The stuff they gave away on game shows back in the 70's".

While this may be true, they were also one of the very few in the market back then that people actually recognized. (How many people talked about Collinite in 1977? )

Fast forward to today, and it is obvious they are serious about competing in the rapidly growing line of fine paint care products sold nowadays.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

16. Likes acuRAS82, abileneautoworx, SWETM, CleanIT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I got some overspray on all my windows and now have Seal & Shine etched on my glass, I can't seem to get rid of it, it's like hazy water spots.

Anyone had this issue before?

Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 131415161718192021222324 LastLast