autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1112131415161718192021222324 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Turtle Wax Seal and Shine

Sale's gone. Wish I had stock up then. Oh well....

Post Thanks / Like

TW S&S still doing its thing. This was after a day long trip to Wisconsin and a couple days of commuting.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    2017 Phantom Black Metallic Chevy SS, automatic, skylight, plus unused wheel in the boot.

3. Likes Klasse Act, TTQ B4U, SWETM, MadMerc, PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Did give the TW SNS another shot yesterday after the wash. It had totaly failed for me after 6 weeks. And this is on the paint that had only done a thorough prewash and a bucket wash with Carpro Reset car soap. The thing was that it where very humid and started to rain directly after the SNS was applyied. So think that where a big part of the shorter longevity from it.

Once again a thorough prewash and a bucket wash with a car soap very a like the Reset. Applyied on the whole roof and half of the hood. A much better experience even if the sun had come through the morning clouds. And got that more slicker feel during and afterwards.

On the other half of the hood I applyied the Meguiars Hybrid Ceramic Wax. Sprayed on some water again and a couple of spritzes with the HCW. Then dried it off and gave it a final buff with a mf towel. I must mention that they seems to be haveing another spray head here in Sweden on the HCW. Cause it where a very fine mist and spread out on a large surface. Even if I hold it pretty close 2 spritz basicly covered the half of the hood on a Ford Focus. So not what I expected from it from what I have seen on the Youtube videos. They have had have problems with the stock here in Sweden so it's newly coming in the HCW. Maybe they have switched the spray head in the US too know or soon to be seened.

Not much of a visual difference between them after application. And did not get any water on to testing the hydrophobic caractics of them. But letting them cure for a while and maybe later this week if not the nature gives me a water test. I might be doing some testing with the hose.

Strange thing with the TW SNS was that after I saw that it had failed and when it rained. It where still beading but not much of any sheeting from it. So before I applyied the prewash foam which I useally do on dry paint. I checked with the PW and sprayed on some water on the hood to see if it where beading and sheeting. Nope it was a flat water standing on the hood again when much of water got on it. Just thought that it where strange behavior on it when it where rained on. Useally this gets the water laying flat when raining too.

Hope to see better performance from the SNS this time. Sure maybe it would gets better on a clayed and polished surface. But my use with it would be as a topper during the winter months here in Sweden. And if it don't work on a thoroughly washed cleaned paint. Then I will use products I know works on that. For an example the new version of Gyeon Wet Coat still going strong on the other parts of the car which I applyied directly after the SNS was applyied.

/ Tony

5. Thanks acuRAS82 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Looking forward to seeing/hearing about your results this time around TonyTurtle Wax Seal and Shine

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

7. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    Looking forward to seeing/hearing about your results this time around TonyTurtle Wax Seal and Shine

Absolutely

The morning dew was in small tight beads on the TW SNS this morning LOL

9. Likes Klasse Act, PaulMys, acuRAS82, CleanIT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

This product can also be used on engine plastics and rubber. Exterior trim as well.

11. Likes Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Turtle Wax Seal and Shine-img_4675-jpg

Turtle Wax Seal and Shine-img_4676-jpg

Turtle Wax Seal and Shine-img_4677-jpg

Turtle Wax Seal and Shine-img_4680-jpg

Turtle Wax Seal and Shine-img_4532-2-jpg

Turtle Wax Seal and Shine-img_4525-2-jpg

Turtle Wax Seal and Shine-img_4528-jpgTurtle Wax Seal and Shine-img_4523-2-jpg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Turtle Wax Seal and Shine-img_4543-jpg  

13. Likes SWETM, acuRAS82 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Unfortunately it only was allowed to cure 20 hours as it rained just an hour ago. It was a light shower. The TWSNS does a great job on trim/plastic too, which makes it an ideal go to for the entire exterior. Due to its price point and performance, I'm going to be using this going forward. After each wash I will apply it. It doesn't have the gloss of a good wax, but it really does a great job and durability seems to be very good. I applied it to well prepped paint. A simple wipe down with a micro fiber towel and it cleans up very well. Very hydrophobic. Durability, price and ease of use are my main priorities. Being this is a truck that will see some moderate off-road use, this is perfect for me.

Turtle Wax Seal and Shine-img_4684-jpg
    Turtle Wax Seal and Shine-img_4685-jpg
    Turtle Wax Seal and Shine-img_4687-jpg
    Turtle Wax Seal and Shine-img_4688-jpg
    Turtle Wax Seal and Shine-img_4690-jpg
    Turtle Wax Seal and Shine-img_4691-jpg

15. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Stupid question here....if I wipe off the rain and the pain looks really clean and smooth to the touch, can I add another layer on top or does it require a wash again?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NJNinja View Post
    Stupid question here....if I wipe off the rain and the pain looks really clean and smooth to the touch, can I add another layer on top or does it require a wash again?
    I'd wash it before adding another layer, soap cleans, rain water doesn'tTurtle Wax Seal and ShineTurtle Wax Seal and Shine

2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

18. Thanks CleanIT thanked for this post
    Likes CleanIT liked this post
Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1112131415161718192021222324 LastLast