autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021222324 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Turtle Wax Seal and Shine

Okay so finally did a wash on the car with TW SNS. When applyied 6 weeks ago I did a decon wash. The weather was humid and right when I was done it started to rain. And the wipe off feeled grabby. So take what it's worth when I applyied it. The car has not been washed since then.

I saw a couple of days ago when it had rained that a part of both the hood and the roof was showing failure of the SNS. After the ph neutral prewash foam and PW clean rinsing it off it showed total failure. And also after the wash with Carpro Reset car soap it still was dead. To some reference and cause of the finicky application I got. I only applyied SNS on the roof and the hood. The rest got the newer version of Gyeon Wet Coat. And this was like it was newly applyied after the prewash foam and the wash. Some transfered up on small parts of the hood and the roof. It's spreads like crazy LOL.

Here is a picture after the rinse of Carpro Reset car soap. You can see some of the Gyeon Wet Coat beading on the edge to the hood. And how flat the SNS is. SNS was showing no sign of even sheeting.

Maybe it's what to expect from the conditions I applyied SNS in. But on the other hand GWC shows a really strong behavior after the 6 weeks. And from what's been kind of expected longevity from SNS it should last longer than GWC. I will give SNS a try again. Sadly it started to rain again when I was going to apply it LOL. But will be doing it when possible. In better conditions and hope it shows me better results from it.

/ Tony

Post Thanks / Like

Reset is a degreaser soap from what I understand. The idea of that product is to strip anything that might be stuck to a ceramic coating. So if you use it on a sealant, I would expect it to damage it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Calendyr View Post
    Reset is a degreaser soap from what I understand. The idea of that product is to strip anything that might be stuck to a ceramic coating. So if you use it on a sealant, I would expect it to damage it.
    With all this talk about how chemical resistant this product is, CarPro Reset should not have an impact on it.

4. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Calendyr View Post
    In the 1:500 dilution or sometimes weaker I have not experienced it to knock down any protection I have used it on. And it where flat already after the prewash foam and PW clean rinsing it off. 1:5 of the prewash foam in the foamcannon bottle and then 3 on the chemical mix setting on the foamcannon which is graded from 0-10. So no strong solution of the prewash foam either. And from all of the torture testing with TW SNS I think that it should stand up to these products. I used on the GWC on some places even a citrus based tar remover and Sonax Wheel Cleaner Max Effect which is their new stronger bleeding wheel cleaner than the Wheel Cleaner Plus. It didn't even show any degrading from that in the water behavior. And GWC was applyied in very light rain that took on later to more rain.

Either it was the very humid conditions when I applyied it or it's sensetive to be applyied on a very clean and preped paint. But will give it a go again and apply it under better conditions. The grabby wipe off was not what I expected from it. Either the humidity or the just decon washed paint could be what didn't make SNS to bond properly. The spray on rinse off products I have experienced it bonds to not so well preped surfaces very good. So something was going on with my application of SNS. Will see how it goes next time I apply it. But just little over a month vs 4-6 months it's expected to last is strange.

6. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Kappy

I have an unopened bottle sitting here, and wondered if there's any problem cleaning the towel used for buffing? If this holds up to so many different chemical torture tests, how is it removed from a towel using soap, or do you just use an inexpensive soft towel and toss it?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kappy View Post
    I have an unopened bottle sitting here, and wondered if there's any problem cleaning the towel used for buffing? If this holds up to so many different chemical torture tests, how is it removed from a towel using soap, or do you just use an inexpensive soft towel and toss it?
    Since TWSnS is not a coating, removing the residue should not pose a problem.

Post Thanks / Like

Bought it few weeks ago for $5.99 for 2 bottles.

Used it 1st time today as quick drying aid. So far so good.

10. Likes acuRAS82 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Oz_TCH View Post

That red looks amazing! Is there a base LSP on the car or SNS only?

12. Thanks Oz_TCH thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    That red looks amazing! Is there a base LSP on the car or SNS only?
    I had clay, sealant and wax on it about couple months ago.

Today, just wash and then Seal N Shine as drying aid, that's it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Oz_TCH View Post

Wow! That is crazy! Here in Canada, 15,99$ per bottle at Walmart.

Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021222324 LastLast