autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415161718192021222324 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Turtle Wax Seal and Shine

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    The hydrosilex was from winter. Bout 4months old I believe when pick took. No prep at all to hood. No Lsp as far as I could tell. 1st thing I applied to car and it’s what got me back into this hobby...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The picks are from tonight? Sorry, just to clarify my question, the beads looked like they are from a sprinkle vs the TW and PA look like post heavy rain. My question was basically if the pics are from the same rain storm.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    The picks are from tonight? Sorry, just to clarify my question, the beads looked like they are from a sprinkle vs the TW and PA look like post heavy rain. My question was basically if the pics are from the same rain storm.
    The hydrosilex was from winter. Bout 4months old I believe when pick took. No prep at all to hood. No Lsp as far as I could tell. 1st thing I applied to car and it’s what got me back into this hobby...

Post Thanks / Like

Yes in first post I stated old shots of hydro silex..... when you asked I clarified from winter and product was 4 months old.... never stated was from same rain.

Post Thanks / Like

PA says if used with primer spritz cosmic spritz will last 12-14 months. Turtle Wax Seal and Shine

Do you have the newest version of Cosmic Spritz? Where they added to it with whatever makes it to bond harder with the Invicible Primer or Invicible Primer Spritz. It's very new IIRC and may have taken out the Spritz name and use Cosmic or Cosmic Coat. The Cosmic Spritz is a little strange as the high solids of SiO2 and TiO2 as compared to other coating lite products don't get the durability as they do even if it have a higher amount of the solids in it. Think it depends on how thick layer gets bonded to the paint. The Invicible Primer combo with the new version to get a longer durability is very interesting. Though even more expensive since the of 2 products to get there. But to get over a year of longevity from the coating lite products I think that you would need the primers to Gyeon CanCoat and Carpro Lite to get them there.

Awesome to see the durability from the TW SNS coming in now. It has been as I have thought that the chemical resistance and the longevity from it does not go hand in hand as with all products. More of how good of a protection it has while it's on the paint I think is more compareble with these torture testing youtubers does. TW SNS still is impresive and with a reapplication or just top up the old SNS you get some awesome protection from it every 3-5 months. Think that Cosmic Spritz also would work quite good in this case. Do you see any visual differences between them?

/ Tony

Post Thanks / Like

The hydrosilex was from winter... 1st thing I applied to car and it’s what got me back into this hobby...

Everybody has their 'gateway drug' that led them down the rabbit hole...

6. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

GET THE TURTLE WAX ICE SNOW FOAMTurtle Wax Seal and ShineTurtle Wax Seal and ShineTurtle Wax Seal and Shine

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

8. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Impressive photos! Both are beading well but the left side has a lot less water remaining, which is the goal after all. Thanks for this.

10. Thanks Coatingsarecrack thanked for this post
    Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

As far as wear resistance, despite all the rain I've been driving through, the areas behind my tires are still beading like new after a wash with the Seal N Shine
    Don M
    2017 Camaro 2LT
    376 RWHP, 6-Speed manual

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SWETM View Post
    Do you have the newest version of Cosmic Spritz? Where they added to it with whatever makes it to bond harder with the Invicible Primer or Invicible Primer Spritz. It's very new IIRC and may have taken out the Spritz name and use Cosmic or Cosmic Coat. The Cosmic Spritz is a little strange as the high solids of SiO2 and TiO2 as compared to other coating lite products don't get the durability as they do even if it have a higher amount of the solids in it. Think it depends on how thick layer gets bonded to the paint. The Invicible Primer combo with the new version to get a longer durability is very interesting. Though even more expensive since the of 2 products to get there. But to get over a year of longevity from the coating lite products I think that you would need the primers to Gyeon CanCoat and Carpro Lite to get them there.
    / Tony
    I shot a message to PA this morning, asking about the 'new' Cosmic. I see they don't even have the Cosmic V2 in the bottle listed anymore, only the 'new' Cosmic Spraycoat. I wonder if the new 'Cosmic Spraycoat' is actually reformulated in any significant way or is more of a marketing 're-definition' and now coupled with the Primer to increase longevity?

We'll see if I hear back from them...

13. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Do you guys put this on bare paint? Was going to freshen up my car this weekend, Decontaminate, Clay, Polish, and do 2 coats of KGS with a layer of wax on top.
    Should I skip the the 2 coats and wax, and apply the TWSS instead? How is it on protection? Would I be able to use this as a Spray Wax after a wash instead?

Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415161718192021222324 LastLast