autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Cquartz

Post Thanks / Like

Cquartz

I applied cquartz for the first time today. I read that 1 30ml bottle will do 1 or possibly 2 cars. I watched a bunch of videos on how to do it. I put a streak down the pad with the microfiber that came with it and did that for every 2x2 section. Just repeated that for the whole car. I did have a hard time seeing flashing and leveling due to the color of my car (white diamond tricote). Can't even see swirls with my halogen lights and my 8-8' flourescent lights. I did the door jams, roof and everything that has paint on the car and still ended up with 3/4 of a bottle. Did I do it wrong? It's a Buick Verano so it's a smaller car but it still seems like a lot. I already did the reload an hour later.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Cquartz

It is going to vary depending on the size of the vehicle. The verano is small sedan. It is recommended to apply a second coat to get a little more durability but to make sure you have even coverage.

You will still end up with a little coating left over. Enough to do two coats on the faces of the wheels or possibly one coat on the inner and faces of the wheels.

Post Thanks / Like

If I wanted a second coat wouldn't I have to buff the car and start over again since I already applied the reload?

Post Thanks / Like

I missed that you added reload. If you feel you got even coverage then leave it and enjoy.

Post Thanks / Like

If you have another car you'd like to coat, plan on doing that in the coming few months so you use the rest of that coating. Or post it up for trade in the Samples thread, 3/4 of a 30ml bottle should be enough do do one more car and someone could use it. I'd skip the second coating on yours as you've already added Reload and that might make the coating not stick well and just go to waste. Or even worse, some weird cloudiness from getting stuck in between 2 layers of coating.
    Bruno Soares

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BSoares View Post
    If you have another car you'd like to coat, plan on doing that in the coming few months so you use the rest of that coating. Or post it up for trade in the Samples thread, 3/4 of a 30ml bottle should be enough do do one more car and someone could use it. I'd skip the second coating on yours as you've already added Reload and that might make the coating not stick well and just go to waste. Or even worse, some weird cloudiness from getting stuck in between 2 layers of coating.
    I still have my wife's Jeep to do so I will use it for her car.
    Let's hope the coating holds up.
    Thank you!