autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Please help me pick an All in One

Meguiar's new "3in1" has been some good reviews (over at MOL) for an AIO.

Bill
    In dog beers, I've only had one.

Post Thanks / Like

Subie paint for me has always seemed on the soft side for correcting. Of the 2 AIO's I'm most familiar with...M37 and HD Speed...I like Speed for it's correcting ability over M37. For durability I prefer M37.

Given my experience I would go with M37 for a cleaner/sealant or AIO. You'll get.some correction on softer paint and better durability.

Having said that, I'm a correct then protect guy and in 3-4 hours would do a Menz 2500 (or maybe Menz 400/LC white pad) and then Collinite 845.

If she doesn't really maintain it until she visits again I would opt for the AIO route.

3. Thanks expdetailing thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Paul,
    You really listened to my original post. She uses a touchless mostly, then uses a swirl o matic every other month. Thank you for the feedback.
    "I've seen a good quality car wash look better than some guys complete detail jobs."
    Mike Phillips 10/21/09

Post Thanks / Like

i think it's important to note that an all in one, like any all in one product, is good at 2 or 3 things, but not the best for any of them. So yeah longevity takes a back seat, but so does the polish. This isn't generally a problem for new or well kept cars, but you also might not like the results it has on swirls and light scratches. So i'd recommend you have a few different pad choices available. Orange, white and green LC pads would be my recommendation to start.

And I know you didn't ask this either, but you may also consider a good polish and then a spray on spray off, or spray on wipe off sealant. They are even worse for longevity, but i'm just putting that out there.

I have used mk360 and found longevity to be great. I also have some speed that i'm going to try soon but everyone here seems to like it. either of those 2 would be a good choice imo.
    2009 Pontiac G8GT
    2015 Ford Explorer Limited
    2019 Chevy Silverado RST Z71

Post Thanks / Like

A subie is pretty small. I'd choose your favorite base prep (as suggested a good AIO and followup with Collinite 845 which is VERY easy to apply and remove. You should easily get 6 months out of that topcoat. Not hard to do 1 coat per hour.
    2018 Alfa Romeo 4C Spider Competizione Red, 2020 Alfa Romeo Stelvio Quadrofoglio, Alfa Rosso, 2021.5 Range Rover Westminster, Portofino Blue 2016 Maserati GTS, MC Int, Ext Campio Blue, 2013 Lotus Evora IPS, Solar Yellow; 2011 Lotus Evora S, Persian Blue

7. Thanks expdetailing thanked for this post
    Likes expdetailing liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Since I was late to the party, I can't comment on the durability of Blackfire One Step.....but I did post about how much I liked it after giving it a second chance. The three AIO's I'm most familiar with are McKees 360, HD Speed and Meguiars D166. Of those, 360 was the clear cut winner for durability.

9. Thanks expdetailing thanked for this post
    Likes expdetailing liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

During the sale, I picked up some PoorBoy's SSR2.5 & Sonax Perfect Finish. I found that I already have some Meg's D151 Reconditioning Cream.
    I do have other polishes, but specifically bought the Poorboy's because I will probably be doing this in the sun.
    "I've seen a good quality car wash look better than some guys complete detail jobs."
    Mike Phillips 10/21/09

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I too would point you to duragloss. For the time/work saved, it's really tough to argue with.

Post Thanks / Like

My 2 go tos are not in order of favorite
    HD Speed - Longer protection not as much cut IMO
    Meguiars D151 - The cut has been really good for me considering its an AIO and the protection can go up to 5 months in my experience.
    "Dirt likes detergent so much better than the surface that it's attached to, it'll leave that surface to go hang out with the soap"...aim4squirrels

Post Thanks / Like

Backfire one step is one of the best. It cleans. Polishes. And protects. You can put it on by hand or machine..easy on and off

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12