autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thread: CarPro essence

Post Thanks / Like

CarPro essence

Hey guys,

I have had some serious issues with CarPro Essence in the past. Product would be almost impossible to remove from paint after polishing. So I used it twice and never touched it again.

Last week, I had a vehicle where Essence would be perfect.... so I decided to try it a 3rd time. This time around, I was indoor in a climate controled environment as opposed to the first two time working outside in the sun.

I also decided to use it like a sealant, not like a polish. So instead of using an Orange Cutting pad, I used a green light polishing pad. And instead of working it like a polish, I applied it like a sealant...

WOW! What a difference. The product came off super easy, leaving behind insane gloss and covering imperfections. I think I am in love with the product now

I know there is a new version called Essence plus that is out. Would you guy keep using the original version or the revised one? I think the new one doesn't have abrasives in it, so it can't remove damage. But in the end, Essence fills the damage in so I am not sure those abrasives are really needed.

What do you guys think, and have you tried both?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: CarPro essence

Well Essence is a primer for coatings and Essence plus is for repairing a coating so they have different intended uses.

Post Thanks / Like

Essence+ is not a revised version of essence. They are two different products for two different things.

As you are aware, Essence is an abrasive polish that leaves SiO2 behind in prep for a coating of Cquartz as the coating will bond to that SiO2 and will merge together. Essence+ was developed to repair a coating as it is a non-abrasive jeweling polish that will fill in minor defects and leave a layer of SiO2. Essence+ is also designed to be hydrophobic compared to Essence.

You can actually use both together. Essence topped with Essence+ where Essence+ will be a sealant.

I think they are both great to have and both work great.

Post Thanks / Like

Key with Essence is to not over work it or heat it up. On a Flex 3401 I use 1 tick above Speed 5 with a light polishing pad. 3-5 passes and then wipe after each section being worked. Works great.
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

5. Likes The Guz, jolo liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Ah ok, I did not know they were completelly different, was under the impression they just removed the abrasive from the original formula. Thanks guys!

And yes, light polishing pad worked amazingly well. I used my Bigfoot 21 on speed 3. Did 2 super quick passes to spread the product around and 2 fast passes to ensure perfect coverage then wiped off. I am sure I got basically no correction from it, but I had just compounded the car with D300 which leaves the panel almost ready for LSP so I did not feel it needed extensive polishing.

So I guess I will order more Essence then. I see no need for coating repairs at this point. If it happens I will order some Essence plus

7. Likes Avi@CarPro liked this post