autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

3D degreaser, citrus vs yellow

For those of you using the 3D degreasers....whats the difference between their Orange Citrus degreaser and their yellow degreaser? Price is the same but seems the dilution ratio is different on the yellow....am i missing something? Is one better than the other? I am in need of buying some and trying to decide between the 3D, the Megs or the Mckee's. I am actually looking for an all purpose cleaner but the 3D seems to be marketed as a degreaser as opposed to a APC, yet their uses info makes it look more like an APC.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 3D degreaser, citrus vs yellow

I only have experience with the Yellow. I use it 1:4 to clean my tires. It is the best out of the bunch I have used.
    2018 Colorado ZR2

Post Thanks / Like

The 3D orange degreaser is fantastic and uses d-limonene which is an organic citrus solvent. Orange Degreaser smells great and can be used as an interior cleaner when diluted 10:1 or even 15:1. For cleaning wheels, tires, and wheel wells it's great at 4:1 or even 10:1. I think Orange Degreaser is the best performing VALUE based degreaser/apc on the market.

What makes 3D orange degreaser better than Meguiar's Super Degreaser IMO is that 3D it isn't a "hot" butyl degreaser which will make you cough when you breath it in and can cause internal burns and bleeding. Also, even without these "hot" chemicals, 3D orange degreaser is better at removing tire browning and the slimy tire dressing build up we all encounter from time to time. 3D is also really dedicated to manufacturing eco-friendly, biodegradable chemicals that are all VOC compliant and meet even California's strict environmental regulations.

I haven't tried 3D yellow degreaser yet, but i've heard great things about it. But, unless you are buying a degreaser to use primarily on wheels and tires then I personally would recommend buying the 3D Orange Degreaser.

Post Thanks / Like

How does the 3D Degreaser work on tar?

I currently use Tarminator and Stoner’s Xenit Citrus On tar, but both are expensive per ounce.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mwoywod View Post
    The 3D orange degreaser is fantastic and uses d-limonene which is an organic citrus solvent. Orange Degreaser smells great and can be used as an interior cleaner when diluted 10:1 or even 15:1. For cleaning wheels, tires, and wheel wells it's great at 4:1 or even 10:1. I think Orange Degreaser is the best performing VALUE based degreaser/apc on the market.

What makes 3D orange degreaser better than Meguiar's Super Degreaser IMO is that 3D it isn't a "hot" butyl degreaser which will make you cough when you breath it in and can cause internal burns and bleeding. Also, even without these "hot" chemicals, 3D orange degreaser is better at removing tire browning and the slimy tire dressing build up we all encounter from time to time. 3D is also really dedicated to manufacturing eco-friendly, biodegradable chemicals that are all VOC compliant and meet even California's strict environmental regulations.

I haven't tried 3D yellow degreaser yet, but i've heard great things about it. But, unless you are buying a degreaser to use primarily on wheels and tires then I personally would recommend buying the 3D Orange Degreaser.
    Have you tried the 3D Orange degreaser on the engine bay?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LEDetailing View Post

I currently use Tarminator and Stoner’s Xenit Citrus On tar, but both are expensive per ounce.
    I work for a blacktopping company & not a day goes by without having blacktop dripping on the hood of my truck. I found that Zep orange degreaser work's the best. it's pricey, but it'll dissolve tar with no problem.
    hmardown

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LEDetailing View Post

It softens tar some where D108 Super Degreaser has virtually no effect on tar. But 3D orange degreaser won't come close to removing tar as easily as Tarminator, Citrol, Xenit Citrus, and Rapid Remover do.

Yes, it works really well for engine bay cleaning but one thing to keep in mind is that it doesn't create nearly as much foam as D108 super degreaser which some guys may not like.

8. Thanks LEDetailing thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mwoywod View Post

Took the words right out of my mouth!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Just got a gallon of the ORANGE to try out on my tires and wheel wells. I will be using it 4:1
    2018 Colorado ZR2

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Guys, what's the difference between Orange Degreaser & Super Citrus APC? Price wise, the latter is much more expensive.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast