autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Car Pro

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Car Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Avi@CarPro View Post
    doing a coat with above 110 deg CA is impossible with high transparency , who ever will promise you that just lie.
    I'll respectfully disagree with you on that statement. I work in the optical industry where lenses are produced with coatings that are super-hydrophobic and contact angles that are 150 degrees+ in which surfaces are so slick that when liquid comes into contact with it, there are air pockets trapped under the water drop itself hence why they fall off and seemingly nothing sticks to them. The capability to make such a coating highly transparent is there and if done on a metallic surface it would definitely light up that sparkle more as more light would be making it's way to the surface. Cleanability is certain the main benefit of this type of coating, but such coatings also allow for more light transmission too.
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

2. Likes GEM65 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TTQ B4U View Post
    I'll respectfully disagree with you on that statement. I work in the optical industry where lenses are produced with coatings that are super-hydrophobic and contact angles that are 150 degrees+ in which surfaces are so slick that when liquid comes into contact with it, there are air pockets trapped under the water drop itself hence why they fall off and seemingly nothing sticks to them. The capability to make such a coating highly transparent is there and if done on a metallic surface it would definitely light up that sparkle more as more light would be making it's way to the surface. Cleanability is certain the main benefit of this type of coating, but such coatings also allow for more light transmission too.
    ^ I want this coating on my car

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by boomdone View Post
    ^ I want this coating on my car
    won't fit in a vacuum chamber Believe me, if I could, I'd put my iPad screen in there but it needs to be secured.
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

5. Likes RamAirV1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The great thing about the detailing industry is that there is something for everyone. Some people prefer something with an extremely high water contact angle like Gliss and Fusso Coat have. Some like more of a balance of beading and sheeting. Some go for deep rich looking products and some for a more candy coated look. I think it's great. There's always a debate over what's better. But when it comes down to it, the product that one enjoys the most is "best".

7. Likes Rsurfer, BudgetPlan1, rangerbay liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I’ve never used it personally I mainly only use ceramic pro but there are a few detailers near me that use it and like it

Post Thanks / Like

Tried out CarPro ClearCut compound and was VERY pleased. Cuts fast, finished awesome and is easy to remove. Good working time too. I'm going to be using it on a Dark Red Pontiac G8 I have coming this weekend. Stay tuned.

10. Likes lane5515 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TTQ B4U View Post
    Tried out CarPro ClearCut compound and was VERY pleased. Cuts fast, finished awesome and is easy to remove. Good working time too. I'm going to be using it on a Dark Red Pontiac G8 I have coming this weekend. Stay tuned.
    Be sure to get some Essence to finish down.

Post Thanks / Like

What’s everyone using as their prep or panel wipe before coating anyone using body shop solvent or this type?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mgavin1985 View Post
    What’s everyone using as their prep or panel wipe before coating anyone using body shop solvent or this type?
    And this type, "is"??

Post Thanks / Like

“This type” meaning stronger solvent type compared to just basic iso alcohol type

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.