autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Car Pro

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Car Pro

Awesome Panthershark.

Post Thanks / Like

any update on Gliss durability can anyone compare to Exo or gyeon skin? The flour polymer top coats have me interested I have not tried but if Auto geek hangs out a 25% plus free shipping I would.

Post Thanks / Like

Forensic Detailing did a video on this where Cquartz UK is the best one layer coating, it holds up better then Mohs and C1 from caustic chemicals. However, as for the top coat, Skin outperformed Gliss, which outperformed Exo. Skin kept it's hydrophobic properties like day one on application while Exo basically lost all hydrophobic properties and Gliss sheets water well but lost the tight beads it had from day one.
    2016 Mazda 3 Sports GT
    2015 Lexus IS250 F Sport

4. Likes VitreousHumor liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WillSports3 View Post
    Forensic Detailing did a video on this where Cquartz UK is the best one layer coating, it holds up better then Mohs and C1 from caustic chemicals. However, as for the top coat, Skin outperformed Gliss, which outperformed Exo. Skin kept it's hydrophobic properties like day one on application while Exo basically lost all hydrophobic properties and Gliss sheets water well but lost the tight beads it had from day one.
    That guy has a good YouTube channel and is very informative. Kudos to him it probably takes a lot of work to do all of that and edit it to have high quality videos.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mgavin1985 View Post
    That guy has a good YouTube channel and is very informative. Kudos to him it probably takes a lot of work to do all of that and edit it to have high quality videos.
    Good channel vids but man, that guy always looks cold.

Post Thanks / Like

Now that you mention that yes he does! Maybe he could send me the left overs so I can sample, he got a lot of stuff. His videos are good he is part to blame why I keep buying stuff and you see a lot of brands and products.

8. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rsurfer View Post
    Gliss sounds like a perfect product to add slickness, but if you use Reload or Essence you will have to do a complete decon before applying Gliss.
    Sounds like Gliss is what your Buddy needs.
    Gliss can be applied on Essence if its well dried , it will bond but with less life time .

Quote Originally Posted by Rsurfer View Post
    The reason I'm trying to see if using Gliss is worth it is because of the prep work. I've been using Reload and Ech2o as a waterless wash for over 6 months and applied CQuartz Pro about the same time.

I'm so anal about keeping my ride clean that I use Ech2o (1:10 with 1 part Reload) everyday and Reload neat about every 2-3 weeks. Now I will need to strip the Reload with Trix or TarX and do multiple Eraser/IPA wipe downs before applying Gliss.

CQuartz Pro is only 6 months old and I don't want to remove it, but is all this prep work worth it to apply Gliss?
    To apply Gliss on top you just need good Reset washing and eraser after to remove the Echo+reload , and you can coat after with Gliss

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    One thing I noticed is that in a side by side comparison with TiO2, Gliss had the same amount of dust build up. So not sure about the anti static properties that it is supposed to have. This may be a fluke given that we are having santa ana winds blowing dust around and all the junk in the air with the fires still going on.
    Dust on horizon surface will always build up, its not necessarily means you have less static , the static effect happens on many coats when you buff off constantly with mf , which contain polyester fibers, the agitation produce static electricity and attract fibers and light dust on the surface. with Gliss we tried to eliminate this feature.

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    I was kinda under the impression it was their version of Gyeon Booster...both kinda fluorine top coats
    We dont copy , Gliss formula is based on fluoro oliphatic polymers and the liquid is genuine to us , you wont find it under any other brand or label.

anyone who has more questions about Gliss please ask...ill be more than glad to help.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WillSports3 View Post
    ^^ I'm looking for the two coats of gliss on my car to sheet water well. I really don't want beading as I'd rather have junk and water sheet off. Beading just leads to potential spotting. That said is Skin sold separately? I'd be curious to try it on another coated vehicle.
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TTQ B4U View Post
    That said is Skin sold separately?
    Nope. Gyeon told me they have no intention of selling it as a stand alone. One has to buy the Gyeon Syncro kit to get it. Skin is on a whole different level. Much slicker and more aggressive water behavior compared to Gliss.

12. Likes VitreousHumor, Loach liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Avi@CarPro View Post
    Gliss can be applied on Essence if its well dried , it will bond but with less life time .

To apply Gliss on top you just need good Reset washing and eraser after to remove the Echo+reload , and you can coat after with Gliss

Dust on horizon surface will always build up, its not necessarily means you have less static , the static effect happens on many coats when you buff off constantly with mf , which contain polyester fibers, the agitation produce static electricity and attract fibers and light dust on the surface. with Gliss we tried to eliminate this feature.

We dont copy , Gliss formula is based on fluoro oliphatic polymers and the liquid is genuine to us , you wont find it under any other brand or label.

anyone who has more questions about Gliss please ask...ill be more than glad to help.
    Hi. Can gliss be applied immediately after uk? How long would The curing time for uk be?

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.