autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Car Pro

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Car Pro

Quote Originally Posted by zmcgovern45 View Post
    Expected behavior of a hydrophobic surface - high surface tension resulting in minimal contact area between water and surface resulting in water "beads".

Expected behavior of hydrophilic surface - low surface tension resulting in maximum contact area between water in surface resulting in a large sheet of water.
    Perfect...thanks. It came up in reference to Gyeon Mohs+ with the topcoat Phobic being hydrophilic as opposed to Durabead whose topcoat Bead is hydrophobic. Old discussion quoted belwo but now that Gyeon is releasing Syncro, was kinda looking at info on 2-part pro-only products to find consumeris-version of the lines/offerings.

Looks like Syncro is a consumer-ish version of their Duraflex product...maybe?

As both product will be compared, let's start with a short comparison with Q² Mohs+

Some similaritys of both coatings:

Both of those coatings have comparable durability. Both are multilayer coatings, consisting of the same base-coat (Mohs) and 2 different top-coats. In both cases the top-coat is not a stand-alone coating and can’t be used as such. In both cases the top coat is meant to prolong durability and prevent the base coating from waterspots and lets it cure to it’s maximum abilities safe from chemicals and atmospherical influence.

The differences:

The main difference is the character of the top coat.
    Q² Mohs itself is highly hydrophobic (still, not super-hydrophobic like Prime). We strongly belive, that Q² Mohs is a brilliant product and that it will remain a top notch coating for many years. It gives immense gloss, has great chemical resistance and durability. It’s also a superb base for multi layer coating systems.
    Phobic applied over Mohs will change it’s character more in the hydrophilic direction. You’re not getting more beading than on bare Q² Mohs, rather a bit less. Still, the water sheets very fast. It has fantastic resistance against staining and pollution combined with very high self cleaning abilities. It adds gloss and depth to the finish.

Bead on the other hand, while applied over Q² Mohs, will change its character in a extremally hydrophobic direction. During the first 12 months it shouldn’t produce any sheeting at all! It very, very hydrophobic, much more than Q²Prime. It also prevents the base coat, but in a slightly different way, as it’s a totally different formula. It’s highly antistatic and much more smooth than Phobic.

THE MOST DURABLE HYDROPHOBIC EFFECT IN THE WORLD.

Q² DURABEAD is a professional set of ceramic automotive coatings for paint, dedicated to authorised detailers only. Containing our hardest Q2 MOHS coating and Q² BEAD top coating, it ensures the highest quality and an incomparable super-hydrophobic coating – probably the long lasting in the world!

SUPERB SELF-CLEANING ABILITY

In all of GYEON’s coatings, self-cleaning ability is very visible and apparent, but Q² DURABEAD exceeds all known standards in this area, possessing not only very strong hydrophobic ability but also being probably one of the most anti-static products for automotive paint, thus attracting much less dirt and dust in the first place.

SPECTACULAR & DURABLE BEADING

Q² DURABEAD is an ultra-advanced, super hydrophobic coating that provides beading that has not been seen before; we believe there is no other glass coating in the world which creates such a long-lasting beading effect. With a contact angle of up to 120" this coating upstages even the fantastic Q² PRIME and lasts much longer.

2 YEARS WARRANTY WITH Q² BEAD

It is recommended to apply two layers of Q² MOHS (three 3 layers is absolutely optimal) and then apply the Q² BEAD coating over the top of these. This process will guarantee a super-hydrophobic effect of water beading along with ultimate durability easily reaching up to 2 years. Like other GYEON coatings, Q² DURABEAD is resistant to any type of chemical with a pH value of between 2 and 11, so harsh acids and alkalis have little effect on this coating.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post

The Gliss - FAQ and more details

Here are some FAQ and details about the Gliss, this is something we worked in the past year, many detailers asked us for a top coat, something that excels the ceramic coat which applied already. from smoothness to hydrophobic contact angle. a coat which resist better water spots and has better anti static effect. yet not to use organic oils or waxes , while yet to have longer slickness compare to oily waxes or siloxanes sealants,(we will post soon comparison video to show how its durable). it wasnt easy to do and took us time, we hope we succeed and made it well, GLISS can be used as stand alone coat as well, for quick application cars. application is super easy as you saw maybe how we demo here at Sema . full dry time is shorter as well , ( by IR is super fast too)
    SOME FAQ'S about Gliss :
    -What Gliss means? Gliss in Franch means very slick surface.
    -Is Gliss perform as sealant or a coat? its more a coat with much more durability against chemicals.
    -Can it be used on top of Reload , Essence, Essence Plus ? No since it will not bond well over the surface.
    -Can you use it on other coating? Probably yes , but we cant guarantee that, with our coatings , as Cquartz Cquartz UK , Cquartz Pro , and the Cquartz Finest Reserve it works perfect with higher contact angle hydrophobic.
    -Can you use it as stand alone coat ? Yes its very easy to use and will bond well on bare paint.
    -Do you need to use Eraser pre coat ? Only if the surface was waxed or sealed, will need to strip anything such as .
    -Can we use Cquartz on top of Gliss ? No since it made to be a topper rather than primer.
    -Can we use it over coated car which was done few months already ? Yes its even well recommended.
    -Does it get crystallize ?? No , not meant to add hardness as one of its targets was to help protection from water marks. highly sio2 base coats weak point is water spots marking, this is to help protecting from it as well.
    -Can we top the Gliss with Reload ? Yes but we dont see any reason why.
    -Does Gliss attract dust over the surface? Gliss use inorganic oils to produce slickness , together with Anti static additives it will attract much less dust than most ceramic coat or top coats.
    -How much the bottle contain and how many cars we can coat? 50ml with 2~3 average cars coating.
    - Can i use TarX on the Gliss ? yes to some extended time , will not remove the coat.
    - Durability ? we believe between 6 to 12 months , if well maintained using pH neutral shampoos.

If any of you guys has more questions we'll be glad to answer.
    I just coated my truck in the beginning of October with CQUK, if I'm understanding these FAQ's correctly I should just wash the vehicle and use a product such as Eraser, then apply coating? It seems to state the product will not bond over Essence Plus

I thought maybe I should hit with Essence Plus prior to ensure the paint is very clean, then with Eraser, followed by application of Gliss.

What are you guys thoughts on what should be done?
    Tim 2014 Ram 1500 2005 Triumph Tiger
    FLICKR Instagram

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like you will need to skip any of the Essence products in between the CQUK and the Gliss application.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DBAILEY View Post
    Sounds like you will need to skip any of the Essence products in between the CQUK and the Gliss application.
    I just worry about the paint being "dirty" since the coating is a couple months old. I don't want to polish off the UK but just make sure it's a clean slate for the Gliss to adhere to. I'm currently happy with the CQUK so maybe I should just skip the Gliss altogether.

It's more a concern of my buddy's truck and his obsession over the paint feeling slick and smooth. His truck was also coated in CQUK in September and a few weeks later he complained to me the paint doesn't feel as smooth as it did directly after coating. I was hoping this product may satisfy him in that aspect.
    FLICKR Instagram

Post Thanks / Like

You can still IronX or IronX Soap, use TarX, wash with Reset and use Eraser to prep the existing coating so its clean enough apply the Gliss. I think that would provide more cleaning than the mild cleaners in Essence Plus would.

6. Likes SWETM, lane5515 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

You can still IronX or IronX Soap, use TarX, wash with Reset and use Eraser to prep the existing coating so its clean enough apply the Gliss. I think that would provide more cleaning than the mild cleaners in Essence Plus would.
    Thanks for your input, maybe I'll give it a whirl soon.
    FLICKR Instagram

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe ad carpro Spotless to this and decon any waterspots. If it's not to dirty you can go with carpro trix that is a combo of ironx/tarx.

If your buddy want slickness maybe a wipe down after he washes with carpro Ech2o in 1:20 and 2-3oz of reload in a 32oz bottle and use destilled water for Ech2o.

9. Likes DBAILEY, VitreousHumor liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SWETM View Post
    Maybe ad carpro Spotless to this and decon any waterspots. If it's not to dirty you can go with carpro trix that is a combo of ironx/tarx.

If your buddy want slickness maybe a wipe down after he washes with carpro Ech2o in 1:20 and 2-3oz of reload in a 32oz bottle and use destilled water for Ech2o.
    I'll give the Ech2o and reload a shot, I haven't seen or touched the truck since his observation. I have both products and will give this a shot as soon as I can. Much easier than applying a whole new product where it will need to stay dry for 12 hours, especially with wet and salty roads this time of year.
    FLICKR Instagram

11. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by yellosuzku View Post
    I'll give the Ech2o and reload a shot, I haven't seen or touched the truck since his observation. I have both products and will give this a shot as soon as I can. Much easier than applying a whole new product where it will need to stay dry for 12 hours, especially with wet and salty roads this time of year.
    Directions say to keep dry for an hour, not 12 hours.

Post Thanks / Like

If it states that gliss won’t bond with essence, it will not matter if you use eraser. More than likely you won’t be able to level gliss and it will want to smear. This has happened to me in other situations. It’s no fun

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.