autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Car Pro

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Car Pro

I thought i read somewhere it contains fluorine; I think it's kinda like Gyeon Booster. The application instructions indicate it flashes very quickly, like Booster as well.

Got an email from Carpro today saying it's now avaliable for shipping.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Loach View Post
    Given that EXO was exceptional and Booster was such a let down for me, I'm looking forward to trying Gliss out when it's available. Perfect complement to CQuartz if it can significantly boost the slickness while maintaining or improving the water behavior. Wish Gyeon had Skin available separately to easily compare against Gliss.
    What did you experience with Booster that let you down?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    What did you experience with Booster that let you down?
    I didn't notice a performance change after applying Booster on top of Prime and Mohs in the short term. It isn't advertised to work as a standalone product and one of my baseline tests confirmed this for me, it's a fairly weak presence by itself on bare paint. CarPro says you can use Gliss as a standalone which gives me hope that it will be much different than Booster.

4. Thanks BudgetPlan1 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DBAILEY View Post
    Sounds like the equivalent of Gtechniq EXOv3 on top of C1 or CSL.
    wouldn't that be reload ?!?!?!?!?!?!

Post Thanks / Like

Seems a little confusing as to what the personal choices and reasons would be to use this particular product?

I would assume the top choice would be a person who just Coated their vehicle with one of the CQuartz Coatings (or perhaps others) that if time allowed and they wanted that last little bit of gloss enhancement, hydrophobicity, slickness, and to alleviate-lessen any negatives with other products (possible water spotting)then here you go, this is the product for you.

With my thinking, and I think makes some sense. Let's say you have a vehicle in which a Coating is coming to the end of its life (such as mine is), minor marring, swirling and RIDS is present on the paint, and one would be looking for a "patch product", I imagine this could perhaps be used as such, as maybe a simpler, easier-faster fix, I'd probably assume that one would not attain as good of final results as if one again did paint correction, then simply re-applied one of the more durable Coatings such as CQuartz?

Yes, I am aware there Essence + for such repairs.

Post Thanks / Like

Reload would be the equivalent of Gtechniq C2v3 spray sealant. EXO v2 & v3 are definitely not spray sealants. They are coatings that can be used as stand alone coatings.

Has Carpro made any claims about Gliss filling marring/swirling? I haven't seen any.

It looks more like its meant to applied during the same time frame the CQuartz was applied.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Loach View Post
    I didn't notice a performance change after applying Booster on top of Prime and Mohs in the short term. It isn't advertised to work as a standalone product and one of my baseline tests confirmed this for me, it's a fairly weak presence by itself on bare paint. CarPro says you can use Gliss as a standalone which gives me hope that it will be much different than Booster.
    While I cant say I noticed any significant difference in water behavior, I was sucked in by the bit of extra gloss, slickness and the claim of prolonging beading/self cleaning in a Mohs application. When I spoke to Gyeon NA rep last summer, he mentioned that Booster reacted with the underlying coating (catalyst?) so by itself I'd guess it would be lacking. That would explain the instructions to apply within 1000km of underlying coating application, likely before base coating fully cured, perhaps?

Regardless, will watch how it does on top of recent Mohs application in comparison to vehicle I did with just Mohs and Cure last year.

Can anybody explain to me what the difference in obvious water behavior would be between something considered hydrophobic and hydrophilic?

Definitions are one thing but what would the difference between the two be on a hood during a rain shower?

Definition of hydrophilic: relating to, or having a strong affinity for water
    Definition of hydrophobic: lacking affinity for water

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DBAILEY View Post
    Reload would be the equivalent of Gtechniq C2v3 spray sealant. EXO v2 & v3 are definitely not spray sealants. They are coatings that can be used as stand alone coatings.

Has Carpro made any claims about Gliss filling marring/swirling? I haven't seen any.

It looks more like its meant to applied during the same time frame the CQuartz was applied.
    No, I have not yet read any "filling" claims of this product, and would guess that was not its intended purpose.

Still, a little bit of common sense would tell me almost "anything" (waxes-sealants-glazes) applied over a slightly damaged Coating will have a filling effect to a varying degree. The question would be "for how long"?

10. Likes DBAILEY liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It's like applying a coating again. Too much time involved, unless it's you're own vehicle.
    '03 Corvette Z06

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    Can anybody explain to me what the difference in obvious water behavior would be between something considered hydrophobic and hydrophilic?

Definitions are one thing but what would the difference between the two be on a hood during a rain shower?
    Expected behavior of a hydrophobic surface - high surface tension resulting in minimal contact area between water and surface resulting in water "beads".

Expected behavior of hydrophilic surface - low surface tension resulting in maximum contact area between water in surface resulting in a large sheet of water.

Retired Professional Detailer

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.