autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Buff and shine urotec pads with flex 3401

Can these be used with the flex? I have a blue coarse pad and want to use it compounding. I saw a video that said not for use with forced Da or rotary polishers and I'm not sure if the flex falls in this category. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Buff and shine urotec pads with flex 3401

the uro-tec foam pads (open cell foam for heat disbursement) are designed for long throw polishers (Griot's BOSS, Flex XFE-15, etc.) & orbitals (GG6, PC, etc.). the uro-cell foam pads (three pad system/closed cell foam) are designed for rotary, forced DA & orbitals. low-pro foam pads are recommended for long throw polishers (Griot's BOSS, Flex XFE-15, etc.) and orbitals (GG6, PC, etc.)..

Post Thanks / Like

The Flex 3401 is a forced rotation DA...

Best not to use the uro-tec pads if the manufacturer does not recommend it.
    ​Al Schmidt
    "Adventure, is a car called Riviera..."

Post Thanks / Like

I use the maroon and yellow with the 3401 and they work great.
    '03 Corvette Z06

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WRAPT C5Z06 View Post
    While I don't use the 3401 because I could never acclimate myself to the counter clockwise rotation. I am in love with the maroon and yellow Uro-tec pads. Unless I'm working on soft black paint, the Maroon pad is my go-to for 1-steps compounding and finish polishing. The buff and shine orange pad was always known for it's excellent durability as well as it's versitility in both it's cut and finish.

But now when I use the standard flat orange 5.5 inch Buff and shine pad after using a Maroon uro-tec it seems like it absorbs product too fast, gets too hot, deteriorates quickly, and doesn't cut well at all.

Let me put it like this...

The maroon uro-tec pad is so good.....
    "how good is it??"
    It's so good, it makes other durable Buff and Shine pads seem like they were made by Lake Country

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WRAPT C5Z06 View Post
    While I don't use the 3401 because I could never acclimate myself to the counter clockwise rotation. I am in love with the maroon and yellow Uro-tec pads. Unless I'm working on soft black paint, the Maroon pad is my go-to for 1-steps compounding and finish polishing. The buff and shine orange pad was always known for it's excellent durability as well as it's versitility in both it's cut and finish.

But now when I use the standard flat orange 5.5 inch Buff and shine pad after using a Maroon uro-tec it seems like it absorbs product too fast, gets too hot, deteriorates quickly, and doesn't cut well at all.

Let me put it like this...

The maroon uro-tec pad is so good.....
    "how good is it??"
    It's so good, it makes all the other durable Buff and Shine pads seem like they were made by Lake Country

Post Thanks / Like

LOL!

I also use the maroon and yellow on my 15mm DA. Uro-Tec pads are phenomenal!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    '03 Corvette Z06

Post Thanks / Like

I've seen the Maroon Urotec beat up the paint pretty bad with Menzerna PF2500. He may not have worked it long enough though..

Shop owner didn't seem to mind so long as the rotary holograms were gone. On my side, I switched to the green buff and shine and M205 and got it perfect. It was a black 300 heading to a lot.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dlc95 View Post
    I've seen the Maroon Urotec beat up the paint pretty bad with Menzerna PF2500. He may not have worked it long enough though..

Shop owner didn't seem to mind so long as the rotary holograms were gone. On my side, I switched to the green buff and shine and M205 and got it perfect. It was a black 300 heading to a lot.
    Although I'm generally using it with HD Polish+, Boss Correcting Cream, or Scholl Concepts S20 Black. For harder paint's FG400 and the maroon paint makes a great combo for a 1-step.

I can't imagine what he had to do to not finish well with PF2500. I blow my maroon uro-tec pads out after EVERY section pass prior to adding more product to the pad and I truly believe spent product and paint residue will not only diminish cut but will have an even bigger impact on finish. Although my guess is you just have a far more discerning eye than the shop owner and I both.

By the way, I've got 7-8 B&S flat green pads (5.5 inch) that I haven't used and are still in the original packaging. If you want them, message me your address and I'll send them to you. I won't use them and I'd rather spend a few bucks to ship rather than having to see them every day and feel guilty about buying so many before testing them. They deserve to be with someone who will love and appreciate them and give them the attention they deserve.lol

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mwoywod View Post
    Although I'm generally using it with HD Polish+, Boss Correcting Cream, or Scholl Concepts S20 Black. For harder paint's FG400 and the maroon paint makes a great combo for a 1-step.

I can't imagine what he had to do to not finish well with PF2500. I blow my maroon uro-tec pads out after EVERY section pass prior to adding more product to the pad and I truly believe spent product and paint residue will not only diminish cut but will have an even bigger impact on finish. Although my guess is you just have a far more discerning eye than the shop owner and I both.

By the way, I've got 7-8 B&S flat green pads (5.5 inch) that I haven't used and are still in the original packaging. If you want them, message me your address and I'll send them to you. I won't use them and I'd rather spend a few bucks to ship rather than having to see them every day and feel guilty about buying so many before testing them. They deserve to be with someone who will love and appreciate them and give them the attention they deserve.lol
    Yeah, he was blowing the pad out, but it looked well past the point of needing to be cleaned. Lots of residue lodged in the pad to the point off looking constantly caked. I've never had PF2500 finish bad on foam pads.

Man, I appreciate the offer! I will PM you!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast