Please do not crucify me, but here is my opinion:

For my car, which is a daily driver, I think using the GDWM (or BillD method) is a little overkill. My car already has chips on the paint due to little pebbles flying along the expressway.

So using 5-10 towels per wash is a little excessive, plus it is a pain to wash them every time I wash my car. (wife does not want me to put car wash towels in the laundry so I have to handwash them. she thinks car wash towels are very dirty and it can contaminate the cloths for human use even if I clean the washing machine either via the built-in cleaning mode or by hand)

So far, I am using just one thick towel for the paint which I often rinse in the rinseless solution, and check for larger debris hanging onto the MF threads. So far so good. I just ensure that that towel is wet and I am applying no pressure. I dry the vehicle using a damp towel with very very light pressure as well. The hairline scratches currently present on my car (visible only at the right lighting and right angle) was caused by the "professional detailers" around in our area.

To summarize, the method I use entails one thick MF towel:
- Initial wipe with one side with NO pressure
- Flip to a second side with very little bit of pressure wiping the same panel
- Dry the panel with a separate damp towel
- Use the second side for the initial wipe of the next panel
- Flip to a new side with a little bit of pressure wiping the same panel
- Dry the panel with a separate damp towel
- and so on and so forth
(note: wheels, wheel wells, and engine bay all get different dedicated towels)

BUT, if (and once) I have a garage queen (I am a simple folk so a Mustang is all I want), I would probably use the GDWM (or BillD method).