autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Go to microfiber towels for a Rinseless set up?

DI edgeless double thick ultra-plush towels. 12 of them seems to be the norm.
    2019 GLI 35th Edition DSG in Pure Grey w/ OEM+ IS38 turbocharger and various bolt-ons.

Post Thanks / Like

I use the regular bulk package towels for rinseless washes. I always pre soak so I never have an issue with a dry towel and I haven't needed to use 30 towels either. I usually use about 5 or so total, including wiping down door jams as well. So far from everytime I've touched the car I've got about 5 minor swirl marks on my entire car after a year and a half so I can live with that. I save the good rag company towels for the final buffs and what not, not for the washing process itself.
    2016 Mazda 3 Sports GT
    2015 Lexus IS250 F Sport

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WillSports3 View Post
    I use the regular bulk package towels for rinseless washes. I always pre soak so I never have an issue with a dry towel and I haven't needed to use 30 towels either. I usually use about 5 or so total, including wiping down door jams as well. So far from everytime I've touched the car I've got about 5 minor swirl marks on my entire car after a year and a half so I can live with that. I save the good rag company towels for the final buffs and what not, not for the washing process itself.
    This^

Post Thanks / Like

I think a lot of people over do it with the gdwm. I mean you switch to a new towel everytime there's dirt on it but you don't do rinse your wash mitt out every a single swipe of it. One panel gets one side of the towel unless it's really dirty then the lower panels get their own. Or I just power wash it first at a coin wash then rinseless wash it at home.
    2016 Mazda 3 Sports GT
    2015 Lexus IS250 F Sport

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

I have ordered an array of different towels plus the hundreds I already own. I'm going to test out a few based off recomindations and go from there.

So far I have only used the eagle edgeless, I like them but being only 480gsm they feel a little thin for a waterless/rinseless imo.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by idriveblackcars View Post
    I have ordered an array of different towels plus the hundreds I already own. I'm going to test out a few based off recomindations and go from there.

So far I have only used the eagle edgeless, I like them but being only 480gsm they feel a little thin for a waterless/rinseless imo.
    If you feel the Eagles are thin for rinseless, try the Everest 1100. Great towels and being white they show all the dirt being picked up. I just got another case last week.

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fly07sti View Post
    If you feel the Eagles are thin for rinseless, try the Everest 1100. Great towels and being white they show all the dirt being picked up. I just got another case last week.
    Is 1100 too thick? Are you using them for the initial wipe? Or for everything

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by idriveblackcars View Post
    Is 1100 too thick? Are you using them for the initial wipe? Or for everything
    I found them to be too thick. I no longer use them on paint but rather as a workout towel.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't use them often for rinseless but I have used them a handful of times and they are Nice. Really comes down to using whatever feels best to you. I was just suggesting the 1100's to you because you said the Eagles felt too thin. I would suggest that if you were to use them, make sure too make a little man re solution because they hold so much water.
    I typically will use Eagles or Creatures when doin rinseless FWIW.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Goin Rogue View Post
    Hello Rogue. How do you use these towels for rinseless washes? I mean, do you use the grey and blue side differently?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast