autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Mckees paint coating vs Cquartz

Curious on the mckees quality and durability vs cquartz. I like the cost and the description saying it's easy to use. Any feedback is appreciated

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Mckees paint coating vs Cquartz

cQUARTZ has good durability, but is not the easiest to use from my understanding. There is not an easier to use coating than Mckees, and durability should be good, 2 years if its maintained. And of course Mckees is a great value.

Post Thanks / Like

Happy to see this thread started! I just coated two cars with CQUK (UK works AWESOME up here in the Seattle / Oly area), and my bottle of McKees coating will be here today for a job this weekend. I won't be able to speak of longevity obviously but ease of application and initial looks i will get back to you on shortly!

Mike

Post Thanks / Like

I'm really curious on durability as well. If it's as easy as their wheel costing I may give it a shot.
    2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon • 2021 Ford Ranger Lariat •2016 Alfa Romeo 4C Spider • 2006 Buell Lightning-Bolt • 2004 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

Post Thanks / Like

What is used for mckees for maintenance? Like reload is used for cquartz....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DetailKitty View Post
    I'm really curious on durability as well. If it's as easy as their wheel costing I may give it a shot.
    Did you use the wheel coating on powdercoated wheels by chance?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JChastain View Post
    What is used for mckees for maintenance? Like reload is used for cquartz....
    I don't know if McKee's has a true Reload equivalent, but Nick@McKee's37 recommended the High Gloss Detail Spray for wipe downs. They also have the N-914 Rinseless Wash which can be mixed at various ratios for different purposes, and supposedly the Hydro Blue product can also be used as a topper. Quite a few choices!

I've only used the High Gloss Detail Spray a couple times to hunt down water spots after washing, so I can't tell if it has much effect on the durability of the coating. For the most part, it's been on for 7 months and still going strong on most places on the vehicle.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Post Thanks / Like

The McKee's 37 Paint Coating and the CarPro CQuartz are both excellent paint coatings. I'd have no problem using either coating on my truck. I have the Pinnacle Black Label Diamond Paint Coating V2 on my truck now and love it. I find the Pinnacle Black Label and McKee's 37 to be the easiest paint coating to work with. The hardest part is prepping the paint surface before you apply the coating.
    Car Paint, Glass & Trim Coatings, permanent paint coatings, trim coatings, car glass coating

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=Bobby B.;1487663]The hardest part is prepping the paint surface before you apply the coating. /QUOTE]

Amen to that. Spent 4 hours removing DISM from a brand new Raptor (52 miles on it), then only another hour doing the actual coating.

Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby B. View Post
    The McKee's 37 Paint Coating and the CarPro CQuartz are both excellent paint coatings. I'd have no problem using either coating on my truck. I have the Pinnacle Black Label Diamond Paint Coating V2 on my truck now and love it. I find the Pinnacle Black Label and McKee's 37 to be the easiest paint coating to work with. The hardest part is prepping the paint surface before you apply the coating.
    Car Paint, Glass & Trim Coatings, permanent paint coatings, trim coatings, car glass coating
    What needs to be used on the mckees for maintenance

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast