autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Mckees paint coating vs Cquartz

My daughter offered her car up for me to experiment with, I had just enough of CQUK and McKees PC to do one full side of each. I applied on 8-11-16, followed manufacturers directions and only washed the car with McKees N-914, CarPro Ech20 and when the car was filthy I used Reset in a 2bm wash. After a mild weather the CQ side is very strong with very good self cleaning ability and looks and acts 80-90% from applied date

The McKees side has strong performance on the upper half of the side panels, decent performance on the flat panels and has very poor performance on the lower panels. I haven't seen done a decon step to try and revive the McKees and have treated each side the same way.

To be up front I love most of the CP line and I like the M37 products I've used, even with the cost I'd still go Cquartz. To my eye it looks better,stays clean longer and cleans up more easily. Plus with the other CP products that can enhance or repair an older coating they have you covered

M37 is easier to apply but CQ isn't that difficult

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JChastain View Post
    What is used for mckees for maintenance? Like reload is used for cquartz....
    Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post
    I don't know if McKee's has a true Reload equivalent, but Nick@McKee's37 recommended the High Gloss Detail Spray for wipe downs. They also have the N-914 Rinseless Wash which can be mixed at various ratios for different purposes, and supposedly the Hydro Blue product can also be used as a topper. Quite a few choices!

I've only used the High Gloss Detail Spray a couple times to hunt down water spots after washing, so I can't tell if it has much effect on the durability of the coating. For the most part, it's been on for 7 months and still going strong on most places on the vehicle.
    Would McKee's Hydro Blue be close to reload? Easy to apply topper to help prolong the coating?

**Edit: I then reread the post I quoted and see Desertnate already covered the idea of using Hydro Blue.**

Post Thanks / Like

Hydro Blue is similar to CarPro Hydro2 not Reload. They are what I call short term boost with minimal effort, Reload has more longevity but can be finicky

Post Thanks / Like

Two very different coatings, Mckee's 37 has the ease of use and slickness, CQuartz (UK) has the extreme water behavior and durable performance. Mckee's is going to be more impacted by the elements, a good choice for guys who want a strong base but like to top with a wide variety of different maintenance sprays (Hydro Blue is a great choice). CQuartz is a tank, it could be a while before you feel the need to top with anything and Reload complements it nicely, it will bring out the slickness that UK doesn't have on my paint by itself and not reduce the strong water behavior.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12