autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Essence Plus and Reload

I've been reading up on both of the above products and from what I gather both were initially created to work on coatings but can also be used on uncoated paint as well. The Autogeek page states that Essence Plus will repair fine scratches and swirls. In my mind, an analogy for Essence Plus would be as a glaze and protection in the form of a light coating. It also mentions that the protection could last up to a year.

Reload states that it will provide up to 6 months of protection if used alone on uncoated paint.

I don't know if anyone can answer this question yet as Essence Plus hasn't been out very long, but would using Essence Plus and then Reload on top create any type of additive or synergistic effect? If Essence Plus yields up to a year of protection and Reload up to 6 months, could both used together yield up to 18 months or more of protection?

Also, would using Essence Plus on uncoated paint that is in pretty good shape with only minor swirling fill in most of the swirls or does that only work on coatings?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Essence Plus and Reload

It doesn't really work that way (adding products together to increase the longevity). I mean it's not like if you go to Pep Boys and buy 6 different waxes that last for 4 months by themselves and you put them all on the car you're going to get 24 months of protection.

My guess would be if you applied Essence Plus and after 10 months, applied Reload, you could get another 6 months (that's taking at face value the unproven projection of a one-year life for Essence Plus). But if you put Reload on top right after applying Essence Plus...I don't think you're going to get any more than the year you originally thought you would.

Again, taking my first example to an extreme, you can't take a sealant that lasts for 6 months and put 20 layers of it on when you first get the car and expect it to be protected for 10 years.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for your reply Setec. I don't have any experience with coatings and just thought they might be different than waxes or sealants.

Post Thanks / Like

Well, there is certainly some argument about coating thickness and layering. The Optimum rep who used to post here used to tell us there really wasn't much point in using multiple coats of OC 2.0, but it was said that OC Pro gave a thicker film build, and the OC Pro warranty requires that all the coating be used, recoating if there is some left over.

But you're talking about products that aren't really coatings...simply ones that have some coating properties or ingredients. I don't expect Essence Plus to be a miracle product any more than Essence is. Of course a decade ago no one would have believed that you could buy a glaze that would give a year of protection.

5. Thanks Celabe thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

In this instance, Essence Plus can be used to give the paint a long term non-abrasive glazing and some protection while reload on top is the real protection. So you have to treat it in that combination as once Essence Plus is used to cover up swirl marks and the like and you've added Reload to it, the Essence Plus layer has to be treated like regular paint (but very hydrophobic) so use Reload often as I've never found Reload to last close to 6 months, closer to 2 months. However, it is a very easy to use sealant so you can just use it everytime after you wash your car and you're drying it.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi Willsports3,

I just bought essence plus, and planning to use it as a standalone sealant.
    What are ur thought about the durability as a standalone sealant, can it last a month or months?
    Any tips on applications and removal? is it a wipe on wipe off or do I have to let it haze before removal?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by WillSports3 View Post
    In this instance, Essence Plus can be used to give the paint a long term non-abrasive glazing and some protection while reload on top is the real protection. So you have to treat it in that combination as once Essence Plus is used to cover up swirl marks and the like and you've added Reload to it, the Essence Plus layer has to be treated like regular paint (but very hydrophobic) so use Reload often as I've never found Reload to last close to 6 months, closer to 2 months. However, it is a very easy to use sealant so you can just use it everytime after you wash your car and you're drying it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeffreyp View Post
    Hi Willsports3,

I just bought essence plus, and planning to use it as a standalone sealant.
    What are ur thought about the durability as a standalone sealant, can it last a month or months?
    Any tips on applications and removal? is it a wipe on wipe off or do I have to let it haze before removal?

Thanks.
    Here is the carpro chart that is floating around for the essence twins. Essence as a base plus as the topper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Likes The Guz liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

For how far a little goes, and the cost, I would use Reload more often then not. Why not? It has an expiration date anyways, and if you don't detail for a living, applying Reload every 6 months means you'll be dumping about 1/2 the bottle away. I dry with Reload.

I have used regular Essence a few times, and really like the stuff cars really do shine more after a polish with it. It's a solid AIO if you so choose to utilize it as such. I top Essence and CQuartz UK with Reload within an hour of application. It makes a difference both visibly and to touch.
    2019 GLI 35th Edition DSG in Pure Grey w/ OEM+ IS38 turbocharger and various bolt-ons.