autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Glass Coatings Particularly Cquartz UK

Hey AG,

I have been a wax/sealant guy myself, however I felt that depending on the conditions daily driving the car and despite manufacturers claiming 6-12 months durability I have been seeing 1-3 months durability on these products with regular maintenance. I really want to get on the coating level, but have also been a fan of how slick sealants leave your car and the depth the carnauba wax provides, but it seems real world they dont last that long.

I was thinking mainly cquartz uk then 2nd coat of cquartz topped with reload. I know the real outcome will be how good the paint looks prior to application, but would this combo work out?

How does the paint look and feel with these coatings? I havent been able to commit to a semi permanent coating yet, but plan to soon when summer comes around.

Main reason I chose cquartz is the options available, I know uk has one of the highest content of si02. Not sure about the 22ple gtechnique and the others out there.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Glass Coatings Particularly Cquartz UK

I'll leave it to others to comment about any necessity of having to come behind CQ UK with yet another coat of CQ, or CQ UK again, and I suppose such can be done, there are I believe people here who have done this, but I'm not exactly sure how much added benefit of longevity or depth of finish you will receive?

How does the paint look and feel after a CQuartz Coating? IMO, and without any other product being placed on top, (a topper) they are not as buttery smooth slick, and soft-lucious feeling to the touch as say a good sealant or wax, nor does it feel like a soft MF towel will float across the paint as easily, but those qualities are improved by a topper such as Reload, and others.

The paint will look like you added another layer of clear coat to the finish.

But the one positive difference you will immediately recognize is that the paint now feels much harder, you'll notice the hard shell protection such coatings offer, and the greater resistance to having light scratching, or wash induced marring-swirling occurring. The fingernail test on the paint will clearly showcase this quality of these hard coatings.

As you no doubt well know, most try hard to achieve perfection of the correction and finishing processes beforehand, to get the paint as well corrected, and contaminant-free as possible before applying such coatings.

That it is with these processes first that will enhance the look of the paint finish.

Hope this helps.

Post Thanks / Like

I guess Ill have to try this out to see the differences real time. That helps.

Post Thanks / Like

I applied three coats of cquartz UK to my car and the only reason I did it is for appearances sake. It doesn't offer any more protection than one layer, even a coating is a microscopically thin layer that layering it won't mean much of a difference. Going on just apperances, I find three layers is the magic number for coatings. First one is good, second layer is great and third layer is satisfaction. However, there is no practical purposes to it. You are using up a lot of product, I used up an entire 30 ml bottle of cquartz uk to do this but for me it was only about apperances sake.