autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Optimum Gloss-Coat

Wow this my first post here in forum.

I am planning to apply this to my new car but i do not have descent garage. My parking area is only in front of my house.
    Can i apply this product direct sunlight? Or Any tips about my situation and suggestion appreciated a lot.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Optimum Gloss-Coat

I would not apply any coating in direct sunlight quite frankly. The results won't be good. If I had to, I would suggest very small working spaces and keeping a very sharp eye on the products self leveling and flashing.

Post Thanks / Like

In addition to issues caused by direct sunlight, I'd be afraid of wind and moisture too. A slight breeze could blow dust and debris into the coating while it's drying and any overnight dew/frost might effect the coating's ability to cure properly.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Therefore i cannot use this one because i do not have close garage.

Question:

When this Opticoat already bond to the paint is it already hard to remove? 15% IPA will remove this coat or using car wash shampoo?

Post Thanks / Like

Nothing short of wet sanding and compounding will remove this.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

How about using dual action polisher when applying wax ?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bloodsside14 View Post
    Wow this my first post here in forum.

I am planning to apply this to my new car but i do not have descent garage. My parking area is only in front of my house.
    Can i apply this product direct sunlight? Or Any tips about my situation and suggestion appreciated a lot.
    You could apply it in your open space. Work in smaller areas as it will flash faster. It would be best to apply it to a cool surface. Another option is getting yourself a pop up tent to provide you some shade.

Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post
    In addition to issues caused by direct sunlight, I'd be afraid of wind and moisture too. A slight breeze could blow dust and debris into the coating while it's drying and any overnight dew/frost might effect the coating's ability to cure properly.
    A coat of opti-seal applied 1 hour after the last coat of Gloss Coat will protect Gloss Coat from moisture and water etching during the 7 day's it cures to it's max. I would not worry too much about moisture causing any issues to gloss coat as it sets up fairly quick. I would still recommend applying a coat of Opti-Seal.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodsside14 View Post
    Therefore i cannot use this one because i do not have close garage.

Question:

When this Opticoat already bond to the paint is it already hard to remove? 15% IPA will remove this coat or using car wash shampoo?
    A polish will remove gloss coat. No need to wet sand. IPA will not remove it. Opti-Coat Pro and Pro+ are the professional versions and it to can be polished off as well. The only way to get opti-coat pro is to have it applied through an authorized installer.

Post Thanks / Like

for your situation id say your best bet for direct sunlight application is PBL coating or mckees paint coating. they are more forgiving then opti-gloss, not the same type of coating but still a coating.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I hate to say in out country there is an authorize installer but the price kills me a lot. $450? OMG!
    That's why i want to buy my own optimum and apply it to my self this way i can learn and save money also.

You could apply it in your open space. Work in smaller areas as it will flash faster. It would be best to apply it to a cool surface. Another option is getting yourself a pop up tent to provide you some shade.
    Thank's for this idea.

or your situation id say your best bet for direct sunlight application is PBL coating or mckees paint coating. they are more forgiving then opti-gloss, not the same type of coating but still a coating.
    If i buy a different coating but not the same effect with opticoat i think this will waste my money because reapplying again in few months cannot save your money.

Post Thanks / Like

mckees 37 coat is $35 and last over a year. you can coat your car over 8 times even with over applying. I don't think you will find a better bang for your buck from such a good company for the situation you are in. hell you can by more then one bottle of it for the price of one bottle of opti gloss and be set for years on end

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast