autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: too old NuFinish?

Where in Texas are you?

Maybe one of the members would be willing to give you a hand.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Actually I live in Kyle, TX., which is between Austin and San Antonio - but a bit closer to Austin. I've only messed up the front hood of the Saturn so far - have not touched the rest of it. I expect that the sides of the car won't have the same problem that the top surfaces have. I'll buy that cleaner that was recommended but I probably won't buy the DA because I so seldom do car waxing. With once-a-year I'll just do it the hard way. None of you said that 2 year old NuFinish was too old, so I will try using it again after the cleaning. I have a couple of fair-size paint chips on the nose of the car - from rocks, I assume. I don't have touch-up paint - future project, I think.

@Jimmy - I used to have terrible vertigo because I have Meneire's disease. Now deaf in left ear and use hearing aid in right ear. Can't balance well so I can't ride a bike and seldom drive after dark. Several "gent" injections thru the eardrum stopped the vertigo but I always feel on the edge of dizzy.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cwr64 View Post
    Actually I live in Kyle, TX., which is between Austin and San Antonio - but a bit closer to Austin. I've only messed up the front hood of the Saturn so far - have not touched the rest of it. I expect that the sides of the car won't have the same problem that the top surfaces have. I'll buy that cleaner that was recommended but I probably won't buy the DA because I so seldom do car waxing. With once-a-year I'll just do it the hard way. None of you said that 2 year old NuFinish was too old, so I will try using it again after the cleaning. I have a couple of fair-size paint chips on the nose of the car - from rocks, I assume. I don't have touch-up paint - future project, I think.

@Jimmy - I used to have terrible vertigo because I have Meneire's disease. Now deaf in left ear and use hearing aid in right ear. Can't balance well so I can't ride a bike and seldom drive after dark. Several "gent" injections thru the eardrum stopped the vertigo but I always feel on the edge of dizzy.

One of the members on the sister site is in Kyle. I forwarded him the link by pm. Hopefully when he sees it he will chime in.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm in Arlington. It's a shame your not closer. I would help you get it clean it up.
    2015 F-150 Crew Cab Lariat
    2016 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS

Post Thanks / Like

I really feel for you. My doctor and I are trying to figure if mine is Meneire's or not. (I've got the ringing, etc.) I hate the idea of giving up my motorcycle.

In the meantime, keep us posted on the progress with your car. I hope it's a nice easy fix for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app
    "All persons living or dead, are purely coincidental."
    - Kurt Vonnegut

Post Thanks / Like

http://www.autopia.org/forums/members/34317.html

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

OK - I registered for the sister site and I'm waiting for their moderator to let me in.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Still waiting for sister site moderator.

Meanwhile I tried the clay bar kit on a 1' X 3' section of the messed up hood. Seemed to do the job but today is a no-dry day and I'll hit the re-done area with NuFinish tomorrow if the weather is as nice as predicted.
    May not need that paint cleaner.
    Last edited by cwr64; 11-25-2016 at 06:05 PM. Reason: Add info about clay bar results

Post Thanks / Like

OK - I registered for the sister site and I'm waiting for their moderator to let me in.
    see if you can pm the guy
    512detail

Post Thanks / Like

Keep in mind that products not sold here are generally not tolerated in posting but they are reasonable about it. That is why folks suggested you go to the "sister site" which is much more tolerant . I hope you find a cure and I'm sure you will. Many folks here willing to help. Welcome.....
    Rick....now in North Texas

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast