autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Need help with 3M Compound and Polishing Products No other brands please just 3M

Quote Originally Posted by dlc95 View Post
    I haven't used any 3M since the 90's, but I'm with Mike@DedicatedPerfection - great topic!!
    My body shop here has the 3M products and are used often. However the products that we have on the shelf are the older generation that has been around for quite a few years.

As for the heavy compound from 3M, it will cut more than anything I have used. Menzerna SC300, Any of the Meguiar's compounds, etc. Sure its a bit more on the old school side of things in that you can actually feel the grit between your fingers which allows such heavy and fast defect removal. Yes it does haze up the finish its nothing that its secondary product cant remove.

I haven't tried using the 3M line with the 3401 as I always run them with the PE14. I guess I should do some playing around with them together with the 3401.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Need help with 3M Compound and Polishing Products No other brands please just 3M

After doing a bit more research into the 3M Perfect-it line, I see there is a "3M Perfect-it 1 Finishing Material" along with a "3M Perfect-it Finishing Pad". Looks like its to be used as a one step polish in place of a multiple step Compound/Polishing session.

Claimed to correct the 3M 3K Trizact finishing sanding process in one step. Interesting.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike@DedicatedPerfection View Post
    After doing a bit more research into
    the 3M Perfect-it line, I see there is a
    "3M Perfect-it 1 Finishing Material"
    along with a "3M Perfect-it Finishing Pad".

Looks like its to be used as a one
    step polish in place of a multiple
    step Compound/Polishing session.
    Hi Mike,

•As a point of reference:
    -The 3M Finishing Material product
    that I now use is called:
    "3M Finesse-it II Finishing Material".

Good Stuff!

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike@DedicatedPerfection View Post
    After doing a bit more research into the 3M Perfect-it line, I see there is a "3M Perfect-it 1 Finishing Material" along with a "3M Perfect-it Finishing Pad". Looks like its to be used as a one step polish in place of a multiple step Compound/Polishing session.

Claimed to correct the 3M 3K Trizact finishing sanding process in one step. Interesting.
    CONFUSING HUH? LOL I thought the changed names of the Menzerna Brand was difficult But 3M WOW!! LOL That's why I called that vendor. I am going to try all 3 products on my ride this weekend with my Flex 3401. If I screw up it's just my ride. I do have a couple of areas that I could use the compounding product (scratches caused by stupidity); but mostly the polishing and I really want to try their jeweling polish. I will take pics of before and after.

I haven't been this excited in a while as I have always done well with the Menzerna Lines. IMO sometimes change can be a good thing. I am always looking for ways to improve my technique and I am hoping this will enhance it. Thank you for all the research knowledge!
    CJ
    2013 Mustang GT w/Track Pack 6-Speed Manual
    Save the Manual!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kamakaz1961 View Post
    CONFUSING HUH? LOL I thought the changed names of the Menzerna Brand was difficult But 3M WOW!! LOL That's why I called that vendor. I am going to try all 3 products on my ride this weekend with my Flex 3401. If I screw up it's just my ride. I do have a couple of areas that I could use the compounding product (scratches caused by stupidity); but mostly the polishing and I really want to try their jeweling polish. I will take pics of before and after.

I haven't been this excited in a while as I have always done well with the Menzerna Lines. IMO sometimes change can be a good thing. I am always looking for ways to improve my technique and I am hoping this will enhance it. Thank you for all the research knowledge!
    Cant wait to hear how it goes!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FUNX650 View Post
    Hi Mike,

•As a point of reference:
    -The 3M Finishing Material product
    that I now use is called:
    "3M Finesse-it II Finishing Material".

Good Stuff!

Bob
    How does it perform?

Where would it fall in terms of performance? Between M105/M205?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12