autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

How often can I use HD Speed?

Just wondering if using HD Speed once or twice a year will hurt the paint on my black truck. It was fully corrected this spring. I 2BM or rinseless every week so after time it gets fine washing scratches and the paint needs cleaning. What would you guys recommend to rid the fine scratches/spiders and bring the paint back to life? Thank you!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: How often can I use HD Speed?

That speed should take care of your needs based on what people say about it.

I use Meguiar's Ultimate Polish or M205 for that purpose most times.

Post Thanks / Like

Full correction to 100% then seal the paint. When washing and drying properly you should not develop anymore swirls or scratches. Use high quality microfibers and wash and take care of them properly.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I think I found my solution.. I need to start blot drying instead of wiping...also, after applying a spray wax, can I go over the whole vehicle again with a dry microfiber to make sure I don't have streaks?

Post Thanks / Like

How often can I use HD Speed?

Quote Originally Posted by cleanfreak3 View Post
    I think I found my solution.. I need to start blot drying instead of wiping...also, after applying a spray wax, can I go over the whole vehicle again with a dry microfiber to make sure I don't have streaks?
    IMHO, if you're blot drying then that may very well be the cause of the streaks.. If you were to simply dry your paint off [I mean really dry it, instead of just delicately patting a towel of the paint] in the 1st place, you wouldn't have to follow up with a 2nd "dry run" with a towel. I believe that technique is what can lead to unnecessary swirls over time.

What kind of drying towel do you use? How long have you been using the same towel[s].
    You shouldn't have any doubts about doing what you have to do in order to dry your vehicle with any quality microfiber drying towel, including waffle weaves. IMO you really don't need any "drying aids" either... IME they also cause you to have to rub the paint alot harder than you normally would if you weren't using them.

That's just my opinion though..

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    IMHO, if you're blot drying then that may very well be the cause of the streaks.. If you were to simply dry your paint off [I mean really dry it, instead of just delicately patting a towel of the paint] in the 1st place, you wouldn't have to follow up with a 2nd "dry run" with a towel. I believe that technique is what can lead to unnecessary swirls over time.

What kind of drying towel do you use? How long have you been using the same towel[s].
    You shouldn't have any doubts about doing what you have to do in order to dry your vehicle with any quality microfiber drying towel, including waffle weaves. IMO you really don't need any "drying aids" either... IME they also cause you to have to rub the paint alot harder than you normally would if you weren't using them.

That's just my opinion though..
    I use the Cobra Microfiber Waffle Weave towels for drying. Are you saying that it's okay to gently wipe when drying? I've been doing a lot more rinseless washing lately so I want to figure out the best way to dry. I do have a DP blower also, but that seems to take too long and it disturbs the neighbors ha.
    Thanks for your reply.

Post Thanks / Like

Yea it's ok to wipe dry with them without hesitation.
    How long have you had those towels? What kind of soap do you use to wash them? Do you always make sure to wash & dry your microfiber towels correctly? If your towels are in good shape, you should have no worries.

What rinseless wash do you use? Are you pre spraying the panel? Do you do a final pass with a clean side of a saturated rinseless towel prior to using your drying towel to finish off the process? As long as you're doing those things right you shouldn't see any considerable swirls developing on your paint.. Unless of course you're dealing with super soft paint? Then that's a whole nother story.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    Yea it's ok to wipe dry with them without hesitation.
    How long have you had those towels? What kind of soap do you use to wash them? Do you always make sure to wash & dry your microfiber towels correctly? If your towels are in good shape, you should have no worries.

What rinseless wash do you use? Are you pre spraying the panel? Do you do a final pass with a clean side of a saturated rinseless towel prior to using your drying towel to finish off the process? As long as you're doing those things right you shouldn't see any considerable swirls developing on your paint.. Unless of course you're dealing with super soft paint? Then that's a whole nother story.
    The only thing I'm not doing is "Do you do a final pass with a clean side of a saturated rinseless towel prior to using your drying towel to finish off the process?" ...On the final pass do I just use one side of the rinseless towel and go over the whole panel prior to using the drying towel?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cleanfreak3 View Post
    The only thing I'm not doing is "Do you do a final pass with a clean side of a saturated rinseless towel prior to using your drying towel to finish off the process?" ...On the final pass do I just use one side of the rinseless towel and go over the whole panel prior to using the drying towel?
    Yes, preferably a clean unused side, or as clean as possible so you can see if you are truly clean and ready to wipe down that panel with your drying towel. Remember, your drying towel doesn't have the same kind of lubricant aiding it as your rinseless towels.. So you're basically needing the surface to be completely free of dirt and grit by then.. Same as you would during a normL wash.
    You'd never attempt to dry your vehicle if there was a chance it was dusty.

Post Thanks / Like

For Me, When it comes to drying my challenger me and my family use a shammy called The Absorber. they are about $12.00 and are super soft. and when we dry with these we never get any kind of swirl marks at all, or I would try some other kind of drying towel.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast