autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Best AIO for quick detail? Menzerna 1 step, HD Speed, or something else?

My wife and I wound up trading our 2014 Subaru Forester in to a Mercedes dealer sight unseen. My wife explained that I'm an obsessive amateur detailer and they can be assured that the car is in awesome shape. She failed to mention that this car is like the shoemakers children....it never gets detailed! It's being turned in next week and I have to give it a quick and decent detail. I'm not a one step kind of person, but in this case, I need to do it. I'm going to place an order for either HD Speed or Menzerna One Step today, or something else if need be. Which would everybody recommend, mainly for ease of use? And am I better off to use my Flex 3401 or Rupes 21? Which pads for a one step? Any and all help is greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Best AIO for quick detail? Menzerna 1 step, HD Speed, or something else?

The 3401 is the machine to use for AIO work without a doubt. I would equip it with a polishing pad and get to work.

As for AIO, Either of those two mentioned are great. Don't forget about McKee's 37 AIO and BlackFire TPnS.

The BlackFire TPnS is a breeze to work with.

Post Thanks / Like

Poorboy’s Polish with Carnauba is one of the best and is a great price. I've tried several AOI's and I always have the best finish with Poorboys. I would use the white polishing pad. You will probably have to clean the pad several times during the application, but that is with any AIO that I've used.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by van185 View Post
    Poorboy’s Polish with Carnauba is one of the best and is a great price. I've tried several AOI's and I always have the best finish with Poorboys. I would use the white polishing pad. You will probably have to clean the pad several times during the application, but that is with any AIO that I've used.
    Not worried about cleaning pads. I've got at least 15 white hybrids for my 3401. Which AIO has the most cut? And which one is safe for trim without taping?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fotomatt1 View Post
    Which AIO has the most cut?
    IMO: Meguiar's D151

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Post Thanks / Like

I'd use whatever polish, AIO or anything I had laying around that finishes nicely. I wouldn't worry about the protection part. I'd just want it shiny. Presentation is everything.