autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

How to use wolf alumium kit

Hey guys I want to try to polish my dad's grill. I almost done setting up my detail stuff at my new house. I have the flex 3401, 3403, PC, and the rupes long.

Can you help me understand how to polish alumium?

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Re: How to use wolf alumium kit

Bump

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by poyo150 View Post
    Hey guys I want to try to polish my dad's grill. I almost done setting up my detail stuff at my new house. I have the flex 3401, 3403, PC, and the rupes long.

Can you help me understand how to polish alumium?
    Are you referring to the Wolfgang MetallWerk Aluminum Polishing Kit ?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by scuff View Post
    Yup 😊

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't used that kit, but the general principle of using decreasingly less abrasive products applies, and is laid out in the descriptions on the product page. What exactly are you trying to polish?

Step 1: Wolfgang MetallWerk™ Aluminum Compound
    Wolfgang MetallWerk™ Aluminum Compound is a strong aluminum prepolish that powers through oxidation and discoloration on aluminum to create a smooth, uniform finish. This is step one of a three part restoration process that results in a high impact, incredibly reflective shine on aluminum trailers, wheels, trim, boats, aircraft, and more.

Wolfgang MetallWerk™ Fine Aluminum Polish
    Step 2: Wolfgang MetallWerk™ Fine Aluminum Polish
    Wolfgang MetallWerk™ Fine Aluminum Polish is an incredible metal cleaner and gloss-enhancing polish to remove light imperfections on uncoated aluminum and other polishable metals. Ultra fine abrasives restore a brilliant, like-new shine on bare metals, chrome, and stainless steel. For automotive metals, Wolfgang MetallWerk™ Fine Aluminum Polish is the best all around metal polish to restore a bright, metallic gloss.

Wolfgang MetallWerk™ Concours Aluminum Polish
    Step 3: Wolfgang MetallWerk™ Concours Aluminum Polish
    Wolfgang MetallWerk™ Concours Aluminum Polish achieves the maximum level of shine possible on aluminum, chrome, stainless steel, and bare metals. As the last step of the Wolfgang metal polishing system, Concours Aluminum Polish creates a brilliant, mirror finish that is sure to draw attention.

Wolfgang MetallWerk™ Concours Metal Sealant
    Step 4: Wolfgang MetallWerk™ Concours Metal Sealant
    Once you’ve achieved a mirror-like gloss, seal and protect polished metal surfaces with Wolfgang MetallWerk™ Concours Metal Sealant. This acrylic metal sealant eliminates polish residue for a cleaner, clearer shine that lasts. This sealant forms a top coat over all types of metal that blocks out moisture and air so it cannot change the surface of the metal. Metal surfaces remain clean, polished, and mirror-bright for months.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by scuff View Post
    I haven't used that kit, but the general principle of using decreasingly less abrasive products applies, and is laid out in the descriptions on the product page. What exactly are you trying to polish?

Step 1: Wolfgang MetallWerk™ Aluminum Compound
    Wolfgang MetallWerk™ Aluminum Compound is a strong aluminum prepolish that powers through oxidation and discoloration on aluminum to create a smooth, uniform finish. This is step one of a three part restoration process that results in a high impact, incredibly reflective shine on aluminum trailers, wheels, trim, boats, aircraft, and more.

Wolfgang MetallWerk™ Fine Aluminum Polish
    Step 2: Wolfgang MetallWerk™ Fine Aluminum Polish
    Wolfgang MetallWerk™ Fine Aluminum Polish is an incredible metal cleaner and gloss-enhancing polish to remove light imperfections on uncoated aluminum and other polishable metals. Ultra fine abrasives restore a brilliant, like-new shine on bare metals, chrome, and stainless steel. For automotive metals, Wolfgang MetallWerk™ Fine Aluminum Polish is the best all around metal polish to restore a bright, metallic gloss.

Wolfgang MetallWerk™ Concours Aluminum Polish
    Step 3: Wolfgang MetallWerk™ Concours Aluminum Polish
    Wolfgang MetallWerk™ Concours Aluminum Polish achieves the maximum level of shine possible on aluminum, chrome, stainless steel, and bare metals. As the last step of the Wolfgang metal polishing system, Concours Aluminum Polish creates a brilliant, mirror finish that is sure to draw attention.

Wolfgang MetallWerk™ Concours Metal Sealant
    Step 4: Wolfgang MetallWerk™ Concours Metal Sealant
    Once you’ve achieved a mirror-like gloss, seal and protect polished metal surfaces with Wolfgang MetallWerk™ Concours Metal Sealant. This acrylic metal sealant eliminates polish residue for a cleaner, clearer shine that lasts. This sealant forms a top coat over all types of metal that blocks out moisture and air so it cannot change the surface of the metal. Metal surfaces remain clean, polished, and mirror-bright for months.
    I want to polish my dad grill. I'm not trying to go aggressive just to bring back some shine? Can I finish with a wool pad?

I want to know how to polish alumium. I was wondering if someone can help me better undertand how to do it.

Post Thanks / Like

A photo of the grill would make it easier to understand what you're trying to accomplish. Maybe this article will help. Different products, but the same concept.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...vy-pickup.html

Post Thanks / Like

Are you sure it's an aluminum grill? Almost all grills today are plastic, either painted or PVD.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by vobro View Post
    Are you sure it's an aluminum grill? Almost all grills today are plastic, either painted or PVD.
    That's the main reason I was asking for more details. I'd hate to see something bad come of the effort.

Post Thanks / Like

It could be stainless or pot metal if it`s an old grill.Year of car and pics. or you can`t get the correct help.
    "Chrome wheeled, fuel injected and steppin' out over the line"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast