autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

McKee's 37 Turbo Car Dryer - Anyone Using This Blower, If So Do You Like It??? Looking For Suggestions

Tried searching this blower on the forum and cannot find much feedback so figured a thread may be in order.

I am just the weekend warrior and looking for a good blower to dry the vehicle? Not willing to spend 300-400, just not in the cards...

Do you own the Mckee's 37 blower?

Do you like it, if so why, if not why?

Would You recommend a different one?

Does it have the power to dry a Tacoma size truck?

Is it loud compared to a midsize shop-vac?

Is handling the blower during operation easy, difficult, need modifications?

Is it worth the coin?

Or would one of the cheaper Metro blowers be a better option?

Thanks in advance for the feedback!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: McKee's 37 Turbo Car Dryer - Anyone Using This Blower, If So Do You Like It??? Looking For Suggestions

This item use to be the DP turbo dryer. You can find a lot of threads if you search using the DP name. Nick did a good intro review when the dryer first came out. I have the DP dryer and also a Metro blaster SideKick pro. I now use them at different times depending on size of the job.the McKee's dryer is made by shop vac. It is like using a leaf blower without the tube. I don't have any regrets on buying it and would purchase if i didn't already own it.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: McKee's 37 Turbo Car Dryer - Anyone Using This Blower, If So Do You Like It??? Looking For Suggestions

Well I just got mine Thursday, it is still in the box but will be using it for the first time Saturday morning. I will post my initial thoughts for you!

Post Thanks / Like

2018 Colorado ZR2

Post Thanks / Like

Do you own the Mckee's 37 blower? Yes

Do you like it, if so why, if not why?

Yes. I also own a Master Blaster. It is not as powerful as the MB but if your paint LSP is in good shape, it will do the job - just slower than the MB. It needs a shoulder strap and I did a quick one with a bungee but will make a better one later. It is a lot more portable than an MB and also can blow crud out of the jambs (under hood, doors, trunks). If you have both, you will reach for the MK37/DP first due to ease of use. I use also use it to blow out grass from my riding lawn mower. I know a leaf blower can work too but with the hose you get precision drying.

Would You recommend a different one?
    The Master Blaster is an option but best if wall mounted and adding hose extension. For budget conscious, some have fastened a hose to a leaf blower.

Does it have the power to dry a Tacoma size truck? The size is not the issue, it is just time to herd the water off the paint.

Is it loud compared to a midsize shop-vac? Similar. some brands are better than others

Is handling the blower during operation easy, difficult, need modifications?

It needs a strap to keep one of your arms free. You will likely need to secure the hose better since it can pop off at both ends.

Is it worth the coin? Yes, if you wait for it on sale, then usually get the extra discount, and then purchased with a discounted gift certificate. This takes little patience for the moon's to line up. It is on sale enough since it is a house brand to get at least the 20% off using discounted GC.
    Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

Used mine for the first time this morning. All in all in my limited opinion I am satisfied with it. It had ample power. I wouldn't say it is loud, honestly I think it is a little louder than my Shop Vac, but then again my vac isn't right next to me. Holding it didn't bother me, I held it in my left hand with the hose over my right shoulder to keep the hose away from the paint for the roof, hood and trunk lid. Then just around me for the side and lower panels.

The main reason for me to get it was for behind trim, jambs, taillights, and the honeycomb grill, which I feel it did a great job.

As far as design, I feel it would be better with a trigger built in the handle, or a simple on/off toggle switch close to the handle.

Post Thanks / Like

Do you own the Mckee's 37 blower? Yes!

Do you like it, if so why, if not why? It's perfect for quickly drying off my truck (Ram 1500) in sunny South Florida. You can do the Paint Surface, Wheels, Tires, Fender Wells, Side Mirrors, Front Grill, etc..

Would You recommend a different one? This one is perfect but there's nothing wrong with the Metro Blowers.

Does it have the power to dry a Tacoma size truck? Yes, If your truck has recently been waxed, sealed or coated you will have no issues drying off your truck.

Is it loud compared to a midsize shop-vac? I'd say it's about the same.

Is handling the blower during operation easy, difficult, need modifications? I find it to be pretty easy.

Is it worth the coin? Yes!

Or would one of the cheaper Metro blowers be a better option? Metro Blowers work great too. I like the size of the McKee's 37 better.

Post Thanks / Like

I have the DP branded one and I'm not a big fan of it. I've only used it about 4 or 5 times. I got it mainly to help with getting all the water out of all the cracks in my wife's expedition which drips forever after a wash. The car is coated so it dries if off pretty good, I mean it's not perfect and you still have to use a towel after it some spots. I thought it would help speed up the process too a little, but I guess since I'm not really used to using it it kinda takes longer. It's a little bit cumbersome to use at times...with the really stiff hose and trying to hold on to the motor...and the orientation of the on/off switch and handle could be better. It does move a lot of air and is fairly quiet. I'll prob throw it on ebay cause I don't see myself using it that much, if at all, anymore.

Post Thanks / Like

Wait for the upgraded one that Nick mentioned about. According to him it will be available sometime in the summer.

I have the DP one and it works just fine.

Post Thanks / Like

Agreed..... the one I have works ok, but shouldn't have had to improvise a strap to hold it, or keep re-attaching the hose....not at this price point.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast