autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: McKee's 37 Turbo Car Dryer - Anyone Using This Blower, If So Do You Like It??? Looking For Suggestions

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the older version $149.99? If so, it's a $30 increase on the new version at $179.99 (not taking into account the temporary introductory offer of $159.99). Seems kinda steep for the improvements, no?
    2005 Honda S2000 | 2008 Acura MDX | 2015 Honda Fit EX

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: McKee's 37 Turbo Car Dryer - Anyone Using This Blower, If So Do You Like It??? Looking For Suggestions

Quote Originally Posted by roguegeek View Post
    Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the older version $149.99? If so, it's a $30 increase on the new version at $179.99 (not taking into account the temporary introductory offer of $159.99). Seems kinda steep for the improvements, no?
    Not worth it. - hardly used it, less than 20 times, and it burned up... plus unless you firmly push the hose in, it blows off, which I guess they fixed it with the new one, so it was a problem. No shoulder strap either, which, again, the new one has. So, I have to pay $180+ for another one to try it?

I’m trying a big boi next.

Post Thanks / Like

still have and use (DP) mine and it works like it's suppose too...

4. Likes spazzz liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VISITOR View Post
    still have and use (DP) mine and it works like it's suppose too...
    Ditto

Post Thanks / Like

I bought one two years ago and I still use it. It still works very well but it does have some issues. The hose and the cord can be cumbersome, and not matter how much you concentrate the air in one area, you still have to complete the drying process with a towel.

Post Thanks / Like

I bought the DP one and Nick gifted me the Mckee’s version. Both are identical other than a few minor changes.

They get the job done. As mentioned a towel is still needed to mop up the little droplets that remain.

I also agree the cord is a bit cumbersome.

Post Thanks / Like

I have the BF dryer which is essentially the same. It's not bad, but I typically still dry with a towel and use it to only get in the tough spots. This is mostly because I usually like adding a drying aid towel drying is required for this (didn't think of that when I purchased the dryer).

Post Thanks / Like

I have had mine for awhile also and it does help with getting out the water out around door jams, wheels, windows and mirrors. Cord can be a pain but I use the hose slid that you put at bottom of tires to make it easier to use so hoses and so cord doesn`t get jammed.

Water that is left gets wiped off with my Beadmaker application.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234