autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: McKee's 37 Turbo Car Dryer - Anyone Using This Blower, If So Do You Like It??? Looking For Suggestions

the sidekick has no where near the output of volume of air to dry a whole car like the turbo dryer and would take too long. it's more suited to get into cracks, crevices, etc,..
    i am the jump starter.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: McKee's 37 Turbo Car Dryer - Anyone Using This Blower, If So Do You Like It??? Looking For Suggestions

Quote Originally Posted by VISITOR View Post
    the sidekick has no where near the output of volume of air to dry a whole car like the turbo dryer and would take too long. it's more suited to get into cracks, crevices, etc,..
    I'd Love to see a side by side comparison between the 2. It sounds like you've got both.. You outta film a vid for us to see how they really stack up to each other.

I've never seen a vid of the McKee's blower in action. Could you film a demo of the 2 for us to see?

Post Thanks / Like

i have a sidekick in which i hardly ever use and also had the master blaster which i sold (don't really miss it). i also own the dp/mckee turbo dryer (along with a leaf blower, and other dryers) which works well. too many people expect too much out of a blower/dryer to get every little water droplet and for the most part if you have a good coat of wax/sealant/coating then most all the water will fly off pretty easy. i always follow up with a microfiber towel and qd/spray wax after to get any remaining droplets and light water spots...

Autogeek.net DP Turbo Car Dryer TV Spot, 'No More Shammy'

YT vid...
    i am the jump starter.

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=VISITOR;1406158]i have a sidekick in which i hardly ever use and also had the master blaster which i sold (don't really miss it). i also own the dp/mckee turbo dryer (along with a leaf blower, and other dryers) which works well. too many people expect too much out of a blower/dryer to get every little water droplet and for the most part if you have a good coat of wax/sealant/coating then most all the water will fly off pretty easy. i always follow up with a microfiber towel and qd/spray wax after to get any remaining droplets and light water spots...

This is a perfect illustration of the results I get. If what you see here matches your expectations, buy it.

Post Thanks / Like

Metro blaster will do the job.I personally don't like straps hanging over my shoulder.Better tools that ease fatigue on your body is the goal if your a full timer.partime get whatever one you want.

Post Thanks / Like

Where can I get parts for this? I have the DP blower and the hose attachment (piece on the hose that attaches hose to blower) has failed. I do not want to shell out more money for a new one when I just need a part. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

it looks like the new version isn't that much difference other than the color (orange) and the locking port (comes with a strap now) on the blower itself which wasn't a problem with anyone that i know of but more the other end where the nozzle connects on...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VISITOR View Post
    it looks like the new version isn't that much difference other than the color (orange) and the locking port (comes with a strap now) on the blower itself which wasn't a problem with anyone that i know of but more the other end where the nozzle connects on...
    Mine blows off from the blower not the nozzle, so the lock is an improvement...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ronkh57 View Post
    Mine blows off from the blower not the nozzle, so the lock is an improvement...
    interesting, i've never had that problem with mine...

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like the new one is now available.

McKee's 37 Turbo Car Dryer
    2005 Honda S2000 | 2008 Acura MDX | 2015 Honda Fit EX

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast