autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: McKee's 37 Turbo Car Dryer - Anyone Using This Blower, If So Do You Like It??? Looking For Suggestions

can't imagine the newer version any different then the current blower (iirc, power is still going to be the same), other than adding a strap and firmer hose attachment. i haven't really had any problems with the nozzle like some, i twist it on and make sure not to hold it where it's straining on the handle/nozzle itself. i think it's worth the money and it's even cheaper when there are sales going on...
    i am the jump starter.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: McKee's 37 Turbo Car Dryer - Anyone Using This Blower, If So Do You Like It??? Looking For Suggestions

The metro master blaster is 10 times better; I've had both. I sold the DP dryer pretty quickly after I bought it.
    '03 Corvette Z06

Post Thanks / Like

Shop around online for hand held blower. You can find a good one for $25-$30. If you have a good coat of wax on your vehicle it should take about 5 minutes to dry.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by umana2482 View Post
    Shop around online for hand held blower. You can find a good one for $25-$30. If you have a good coat of wax on your vehicle it should take about 5 minutes to dry.
    Agreed. The McKee's dryer doesn't have the "balls" for the price it's selling for.
    '03 Corvette Z06

Post Thanks / Like

Is the current version for sale the updated version that Nick was mentioning would come out or is it just a rebrand of the older DP version?
    2005 Honda S2000 | 2008 Acura MDX | 2015 Honda Fit EX

Post Thanks / Like

I bought the McKee's 37 Turbo Dryer within the last two months.
    As far as I'm concerned, the main advantage of any dryer is to keep drying "towels" off of the paint.
    In that regard, this product works just fine once you have a well prepped surface.
    It probably takes a little more time than a more powerful product but at the price point, I'm pleased with the purchase.
    It works really well on tires, wheels, outside mirrors and any other crevice on your vehicle.

McKee's 37 Product Support
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WRAPT C5Z06 View Post
    Agreed. The McKee's dryer doesn't have the "balls" for the price it's selling for.
    Ouch. This is the first time someone has ever, to my knowledge, complained about a lack of power with this unit for "the price it's selling for."

That's like saying a C5 Z06 is slow just because a brand new C7 Z06 is faster.

An updated Turbo Car Dryer will be available this month. Will it be more powerful? No, because it doesn't need to be. Will it address some of the suggestions made by our customers? Abso-friggin'-lutely!

Stay tuned.

Post Thanks / Like

Master Blaster has way more balls.
    '03 Corvette Z06

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WRAPT C5Z06 View Post
    Master Blaster has way more balls.
    In your opinion, how does the Master Blaster Sidekick compare to this DP blower?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    In your opinion, how does the Master Blaster Sidekick compare to this DP blower?
    Never tried that, so I can't tell ya.
    '03 Corvette Z06

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast