autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

How to use McKees 37 jeweling wax

I want to know how to use jeweling wax. The instruction say say 3000-4000 OPM. I'm assuming it's like applying a normal wax (correct me if I'm wrong).
    I own a 3401 and a PC.
    😀

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Re: How to use McKees 37 jeweling wax

Post Thanks / Like

I used a black pad and my 3401 on speed 4 and worked it for 4-5 passes per section. AMAZING clarity loved it. My car was completely corrected prior. YMMV and perhaps could use a white pad too as Mike did.
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pdqgp View Post
    I used a black pad and my 3401 on speed 4 and worked it for 4-5 passes per section. AMAZING clarity loved it. My car was completely corrected prior. YMMV and perhaps could use a white pad too as Mike did.
    black has no correcting ability right? so the only correcting is being done with the very very fine abrasives in the jeweling wax in this case.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 11B250 View Post
    black has no correcting ability right? so the only correcting is being done with the very very fine abrasives in the jeweling wax in this case.
    Correct, black has no cut. Again, my car didn't / doesn't need it. However the cleaning ability and the very fine abrasives that are responsible for the jeweling are there and worked wonders. I get comments all the time that my car looks like it has a coating on it but it doesn't.

The key reason I bought it is that my car at worse will have minor marks here and there over time from random dry wipes or kids, etc. I tend to knock those out after a wash as it literally can be done by hand in minutes. However over time road scum and general wear on a daily driver will dull the appearance but not enough to warrant breaking out a polish and a white pad. Again back to the least aggressive means necessary to achieve perfection right....so that's where McKee's comes in for me. Good stuff. I plan to use it ever 3 months or so and even then it may not take but 2-3 passes to accomplish my goal.

My real test and goal is to do the minivan in the next couple weeks. She's polished and nearly perfect across all body panels. I want to see the extra oomph of shine on her next. Should be cool to see.
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pdqgp View Post
    Correct, black has no cut. Again, my car didn't / doesn't need it. However the cleaning ability and the very fine abrasives that are responsible for the jeweling are there and worked wonders. I get comments all the time that my car looks like it has a coating on it but it doesn't.

The key reason I bought it is that my car at worse will have minor marks here and there over time from random dry wipes or kids, etc. I tend to knock those out after a wash as it literally can be done by hand in minutes. However over time road scum and general wear on a daily driver will dull the appearance but not enough to warrant breaking out a polish and a white pad. Again back to the least aggressive means necessary to achieve perfection right....so that's where McKee's comes in for me. Good stuff. I plan to use it ever 3 months or so and even then it may not take but 2-3 passes to accomplish my goal.

My real test and goal is to do the minivan in the next couple weeks. She's polished and nearly perfect across all body panels. I want to see the extra oomph of shine on her next. Should be cool to see.
    Yup!

Do you change out the pad with the black, or keep using the same one? I would think you don't need to change the pad as often because the pad isn't doing any cutting.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 11B250 View Post
    Yup!

Do you change out the pad with the black, or keep using the same one? I would think you don't need to change the pad as often because the pad isn't doing any cutting.
    I used one for the entire car. Again, because so dang clean

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks you guys for the info 😊

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk