autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I Need a New Vacuum

I've been making due for a long time with an old Hoover Spirit canister vacuum. I have an old ShopVac too, but it's ridiculously loud and has no attachments for detailing. I have some money left over from my tax refund check so I'd like to get myself a good vacuum for detailing. I've been researching like crazy, but I can't decide. I'd like something made in the USA, which means ShopVac or MetroVac. I can't seem to find a ShopVac model that I like that can be found easily either locally or on the internet, and I can't quite stomach the price of the MetroVac just yet. Everyone seems to love the Rigid vacs, though everyone says to ditch the included hose and get something else, which means its costing more just to get started with the Rigid. The Powr-Flite PF51 seems to be a favorite too, but it lacks accessories and I can't seem to find where its made. Though, that 100 inches of water lift does almost make it worth it.

MetroVac Vac-n-Blow
    Rigid 4 Gal wet-dry (WD4070)
    Powr-Flite PF51
    Any ShopVac that close close in the size and power of the above 3, throw out suggestions

What do you guys think? The price on the Rigid is nice, and with a limited lifetime warranty, too. Anyone know where the Rigid is made? The PF51 a nice unit, but seems to lack any kind of accessories other than a crevice tool. Anyone find other attachments that work with it? Also, where is the PF51 made? Is the Vac-n-Blow worth the price? Any suggestions on a ShopVac model? ShopVacs are made just up the river from me here in PA. I'd love to buy a local product, but if I can't find a ShopVac model that suits my needs, I'm ok with going elsewhere.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: I Need a New Vacuum

wd4080 would be a great choice, it's small compact and the top comes off so you can use it as a blower...
    i am the jump starter.

Post Thanks / Like

It took me forever to figure out which one to replace my old vacuum with. I almost pulled the trigger on the PF51. The next day I had to make a trip to HD so I purchased the WD4070. It does a great job and easy to transport for mobile jobs.
    IDA-CD
    Facebook

Post Thanks / Like

I have a Powr-Flite.
    Pretty solid

Post Thanks / Like

A lot of guys on here have the Rigid and like it. I bought the DP shop vac from Autogeek two years ago and love it. Nice accessories, 12 foot quality hose, 30 foot power cord, powerful suction, and extremely quiet. I highly recommend it. Paid $144 during 20% off sale. Worth every penny.

Post Thanks / Like

I have the Metro Vac-n-Blow and I love it. It has plenty of attachments and having the ability to use the blower is a bonus while doing interiors. It is expensive, but I expect it to last awhile.

Post Thanks / Like

Metro vac n blo

(buy extra bags)

Post Thanks / Like

I use rigid WD4070 and its bang for the buck. It has great power, compact design, and great for drying a car as well but it loud for sure...

I also have Craftman 5 gal which at around same power and much, much quieter but its bulky and costed me about extra $50 bucks.
    Please like my page

Jae @ ONYX Detail Garage

Post Thanks / Like

I have both vacuums discussed already, the WD4070/4080, & the Metro Vac-n-Blow 4 HP model. The Metro is by far my favorite. Everything about it is very good quality, and it has 130" of water lift, according to Metro. The Metro is far quieter than the ridgid. The ridgid is nice too. I use it for the disgusting jobs that I don't want to subject my nice Metro to.
    The Metro is on sale here now. Further, it comes with a turbo brush which is an excellent tool for pet hair.
    When it's all said and done, the ridgid with an aftermarket kit will come to about $80 less than the Metro. Knowing what I know after using both, I would choose the Metro again. It's made here; ridgid comes from Mexico.
    If you're more concerned about price rather than ultimate quality, then check out this ridgid model:Ridgid ProPack WD4522
    "I've seen a good quality car wash look better than some guys complete detail jobs."
    Mike Phillips 10/21/09

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ronkh57 View Post
    Metro vac n blo

(buy extra bags)
    I love my mini metro vac n blo!!
    2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast