autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: I Need a New Vacuum

I bought the Ridgid Stor-N-Go 5 Gallon. I have it mounted on the wall and just use a long hose to reach every bit of the vehicle in my garage. I love it.

LINK REMOVED : See forum rules
    - Lee

Post Thanks / Like

I'll throw in for the Metro unit. The thing is built like a tank and worth every penny!

Post Thanks / Like

I second the Rigid 4080. Powerful, compact and love the detachable blower.

Post Thanks / Like

I have the Rigid and the Metro. If you can afford it go with the Metro, its really a night and day difference in power.

Post Thanks / Like

Boy, it's hard to believe I've had the PF51 for 5 years now...where does the time go? Anyway, I will include a review I did on it when I got it. I am still a very strong advocate for this machine. Yes, the attachment issue is something. I use the adapter that came with my Master Blaster (you can also buy just the adapter from them which is what I've recommended some people to do). This is a very, very powerful vac that does wet and dry...something that sets it apart from the Metro as it only does dry. The washable and re-usable filter is a great feature too that saves you money not buying expensive bags. Powr Flite's head office is in Texas. They have a toll free # (800-880-2913). The easy solution to your question is to call them and ask them where it's built. Here's that review:

PF51 Wet Dry Vac Review

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the suggestions guys! I checked them all out, slept on it, and ended up going with the Powr Flight PF51. After weighing the options, the reusable filter and the power was what won me over. Unfortunately, the PF51 is made in China, but its not the other usual Chinese junk. Its well engineered, well made, and good quality. I would have loved to have gotten a USA made Shop-Vac, but until they make something with a reusable filter and something with more than 60 inches of waterlift, this is still the better option. There is a definite lack of detailing attachments since this was really only made to clean floors, and the hose is a little short for detailing. This kit should take care of the accessory problem, which is the same as the one from Home Depot, just not orange and a few dollars cheaper. This should take care of the length of the hose while still allowing the use of the swiveling ends that come on the PF51's hose.

Is OUTSIDE LINK REMOVED the adapter you are talking about richy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyAb View Post
    Thanks for the suggestions guys! I checked them all out, slept on it, and ended up going with the Powr Flight PF51. After weighing the options, the reusable filter and the power was what won me over. Unfortunately, the PF51 is made in China, but its not the other usual Chinese junk. Its well engineered, well made, and good quality. I would have loved to have gotten a USA made Shop-Vac, but until they make something with a reusable filter and something with more than 60 inches of waterlift, this is still the better option. There is a definite lack of detailing attachments since this was really only made to clean floors, and the hose is a little short for detailing. This kit should take care of the accessory problem, which is the same as the one from Home Depot, just not orange and a few dollars cheaper. This should take care of the length of the hose while still allowing the use of the swiveling ends that come on the PF51's hose.

Is OUTSIDE LINK REMOVED the adapter you are talking about richy?
    Johnny,

I'm delighted you got the PF51! I hope you enjoy it as much as I have! Can you please PM me the link as posting it violated the AG rules, but it's not against the rules to PM a link like that. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

I currently have the Metro Van N Blow and it ok imo, I do plan on upgrading it to something a bit better soon, just not sure to what thou.
    "I don't consider myself to be the best.. and I don't like compliments.. they distract me." - Jimi Hendrix

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12