autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Torq 10FX polisher

Quote Originally Posted by briarpatch View Post
    What makes you think a GG6 is not much of an upgrade over the PC...just curious
    Well I haven't looked into it that much but the GG6 doesn't look that much more powerful or even more ergonomic than the PC. It looks about the same(again, only based on look) and are about the same price.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a friend who has a PC7424XP and loves it. One of the big selling points for me on the GG6 was Griots lifetime warranty and their customer service. I'm no expert, so I'm not trying to tell you that one is better than the other, it was the warranty/service Griots offered that helped me choose one over the other.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RangerDetails View Post
    Well I haven't looked into it that much but the GG6 doesn't look that much more powerful or even more ergonomic than the PC. It looks about the same(again, only based on look) and are about the same price.
    You should consider the GG6 and investigate it's attributes a little deeper before you make judgements. The GG6 has much more torque than the PC so you don't have to worry about it bogging down on curved panels or when applying pressure and to top it off has a lifetime warranty.

Post Thanks / Like

I personally went from a PC to a gg6, and am happy with the choice....the gg6 is noticeably more powerful and doesn't stall on curves as easy as the PC did....the gg6 also doesn't vibrate as much as the PC.... They're both rather noisy, but if I had to start over again I'd just have got the gg6 in the first place.
    2010 Candy White Volkswagen CC - 170k and counting DD
    2006 DSOM C6 z06 - 22k miles

Post Thanks / Like

I've used the PC and I own a GG6. Within minutes of using the PC I noticed it bogs down way faster. The GG6 was my first polisher and I loved it. I feel like it's much better than the PC but at the same time I would just wait and save up a little more for a Rupes or a BOSS polisher. Much bigger change from the PC.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by David Hayward View Post
    I've used the PC and I own a GG6. Within minutes of using the PC I noticed it bogs down way faster. The GG6 was my first polisher and I loved it. I feel like it's much better than the PC but at the same time I would just wait and save up a little more for a Rupes or a BOSS polisher. Much bigger change from the PC.
    I agree as my Boss 15 is so smooth and more effective than my GG6, but you still need a conventional DA like the PC or GG6 to use with 3" or 4" pads for the tight areas. IMO it's always best to start out with a conventional DA then add a long throw later.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ski2 View Post
    I agree as my Boss 15 is so smooth and more effective than my GG6, but you still need a conventional DA like the PC or GG6 to use with 3" or 4" pads for the tight areas. IMO it's always best to start out with a conventional DA then add a long throw later.
    Performed my first correction with the G15 after using my GG6 forever and wow I love the GG6 but the G15 is truly worth the money!

Post Thanks / Like

Well it seems that the GG6 is, in fact, better than the PC. Thank you for your inputs. But I guess I will save for a Rupes since I already have the PC.
    But I see your points. Should've gone with the GG6 in the first place.
    Thanks again guys!

Post Thanks / Like

No big deal either way I think the PC or the gg as a first would have served you equally as well.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234