autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: CarPro reload

Post Thanks / Like

CarPro reload

I just received my order from Autogeek. One of the products I purchased this year is Reload. I want to use it to top Essence polish jobs. I did not read up in it before purchase, just followed the advice of fellow Autogeeks to top Essence with it.

Anyways, after reading the bottle I was shocked to find out that product advertise 6 months durability. To me that is pretty impressive for a spray sealant. At 80 CAN$ a bottle I guess it has to be LOL!

Anyway, I am curious about your experience with this product. Any advice on using it. Things to avoid doing. First hand experience on durability. If it works well I might switch to it altogether. Menzerna Powerlock is in the same price range and I am sure a spray sealant will be much easier and faster to apply. But before I make any decision, I need to know what you guys think.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: CarPro reload

I don't have first hand experience with Reload, so u can take my opinion as a grain of salt....but I was going to get Reload a while back and decided not to....there were too many flip floppy reviews about oil holograms left behind, more obvious on darker colored cars obviously, and also the durability.... While most ppl associate durability with beading, or lack thereof, I seen a lot of times where ppl said the beading died off rather quick in like a month or less....doesn't mean there's no more protection per say, but most of us like to see it there and especially from a product that claims 6 months durability.... Also the price isn't cheap so I didn't wanna take the risk on something that I may or may not like.

But anyways that's my thoughts behind it....I went with Sonax Netshield and am not looking back
    2010 Candy White Volkswagen CC - 170k and counting DD
    2006 DSOM C6 z06 - 22k miles

Post Thanks / Like

IMO, Reload isn't worth the effort required to get it to come out perfect. Multiple towels, small working area, etc It's a shame because I really do like the look and protection properties and most of CarPro's lineup is outstanding -but you will want to check every single angle with multiple lights to make sure you don't get the hologramming issues or streaking.

It works better over coatings than it does as a standalone product in my experience as well. I still need to do Essence -> Reload to see how that performs. I have never seen a product with such inconsistent reviews. My favorite "ease of use + durability" sealants continue to be ones like Ultima Paint Guard Plus and Blackfire Crystal Seal.

Post Thanks / Like

CarPro reload

Carpro reload is a love or hate product imo. It's not consistent and they've reformulated once already just so people could tolerate it. Frankly If it wasn't for its use as a topper for their coatings, it would long be forgotten as there are much easier spray on sealants such as prima hydro max, and wowa sealants such as black fire crystal seal, optimum opti seal or ultima sealant
    In my day we didn't have the Internet, iPods,iPads, or smart phones....but we had some really bad-azz cars.

Post Thanks / Like

Ok, thanks guys. I guess it will be used sorely for toping Essence. I don't plan on using Cquartz so it will have to be a single situation use product for me.

Post Thanks / Like

You can top cq with a sio2 spray.

Post Thanks / Like

are we talkin 2015 version? I keep reading its better and easier- I read shine supply has a sio2 spray but the review I read was not favorable-imo