autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tell me what you think...

Quote Originally Posted by shaggerr23 View Post
    Ok new question....After knowing my list of products, what order would you use the products listed above? Please include any additional wash processes with the word wash. Thanks again!!!!

Here is how I was thinking the process would go-
    Wash
    Clay ?
    Iron X ?
    Wash
    VSS
    Polish ?
    JetSeal
    Wax
    Ive read I might want to switch the IronX and Clay around.
    Iron x
    Wash
    Clay
    Wash (optional)
    Polish
    Seal
    Wax

Post Thanks / Like

I've used HexLogic pads and the Butter Wet Wax......like them both. Can't say that HexLogic are better or worse than others...I simply do not have enough experience with other brands to make a call....but they worked well for me. BWW is a very user-friendly, easy on/easy off wax, which leaves a nice wet shine....but it's longevity (in my experience) is around 3 weeks.

Post Thanks / Like

I have used Black Light and Jet Seal on a few customer cars with no issues. Agreed that with CGs a lot of it is marketing, and AGO/ ACC have great products and pricing etc.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...-phillips.html
    Raydiant Reflections Auto Detailing
    Website
    Facebook

Post Thanks / Like

Just one recommendation.

Get a "fine" clay bar. A more aggressive clay bar (medium etc) should only be used on severely contaminated vehicles.

If you maintain the car, the "medium" clay bar will be too aggressive.
    --Shagnat

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

well its been a while since I started this thread, So far everything has been solid. I am in need some new or at least extra pads and I also want to possibly get/try a glaze. Other then that, I like the end results.

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats on your purchases . I personally have never used CG 's stuff . There youtube videos are total horseshit and I find them irritating for that reason alone I will not even try there stuff . But I'm sure there not terrible...have fun the gg 6" Should be a good starter machine for u

Post Thanks / Like

I am going to be honest but not all of their products are good at all. I have used Butterwet wax and the lifespan of the product is pretty short I use it as a quick detail/gloss enhancer when I am on a hurry for a date after a quick wash. To be honest I driver a 2006 Mustang GT BLACK! so you must already know that the color is a super high maintenance car. I only got the following from CG in which have worked out for me and gave me great results, pictures here speak for themselves. I have purchase some of their items in which I thought it would be good but to be honest most of them have let me down in which some are not even that great, as well for my friend that worked for CG told me the same thing and told me to stay away from certain products and which ones are worth the money. Like in example the J97 wax is about $900 in which they market that is the most luxuries and high end product when he told me the J97 wax is same thing as the Concourse 50/50 wax just that the only difference is that the J97 has a bit more of carnauba in the ingredient than the 50/50. Now you asked yourself that does it make it the $900 price tag? Simple, the container itself cost $500 to make in which practically you are purchasing a container with a wax that it equivalent to the Concourse 50/50. Now enough about that you seem like you got a pretty good set up but instead of the GG I got a PC 7242XP in which I love it. The Torq10FX is ok but you might as well get the PC 7424 in which is cheaper and much higher RPMS. Let not forget the 7242 is much cheaper than the Torq10FX. This is my arsenal when I detail my Mustang

CG:
    Citrus wash + gloss (foam)
    Mr. Pink soap (bucket, 2 bucket wash method)
    Medium clay bar + lube
    V36 (orange logic hex pad) + V38 (White pad hex logic)
    2 coats of Blacklight (1 coat left on overnight, wait 30 minutes, apply 2nd coat and allow 2 hours to dry. Wait 30 minutes)
    2 coats of Wet mirror finish (allow 1 hours of curing)
    Apply 2 coats of wax (Either Concourse 50/50, Black)
    Finally 2 layers of Jetseal
    Tires and interior I usually use VPR or G6 Hypercoat

For the rims I use IronX but to be honest ensure you do not inhale or get a wiff of the product because it smells nasty even thou it says it smells like Cherry.

Tell me what you think...-1487350_708968112455409_761238319_n_zpsc8c795dd-jpg

Tell me what you think...-1520680_707979385887615_1388059294_n_zps9487cc1f-jpg

Tell me what you think...-1520680_707979385887615_1388059294_n_zps9487cc1f-jpg

Tell me what you think...-img_20140418_144452_zps5a80866d-jpg
    "I don't consider myself to be the best.. and I don't like compliments.. they distract me." - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like

There really isn't that much wrong with CGs stuff, I treat them the way I treat any manufacturers products, there's some I like and some I don't like. I love their polishes and QDs, as well as some of their APCs. I don't use their LSPs as I found BWW to be easy to use but that being said with the terrible durability it provides, I might as well as a spray wax essentially. They have good products, you just have to not get caught in every little thing they sell for every little use.

Post Thanks / Like

I've been wanting to try Dr. Beasleys products
    "I don't consider myself to be the best.. and I don't like compliments.. they distract me." - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like

I've used Dr. Beasley's Nutra-scent. Very good product.

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app
    "All persons living or dead, are purely coincidental."
    - Kurt Vonnegut

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.