autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: CarPro Essence:Cutting And Finishing Abilities Video (With different pads)

I had problems applying Essence after correcting with FG400 and a lake country orange foam pad. After I wiped down with eraser, I used my rupes lhr21 paired with a white rupes foam pad and 3 dabs of essence on an unprimed pad. After I did a pass I tried wiping off but it stuck to the paint and I still can't figure out as to why this happened. Lexus paint by the way.

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

You need to do more than a pass, work it till it's clear.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice video. You took it to the next level.
    Always keep the shine in your life.

Post Thanks / Like

If we have to remove the marring and swirls modtly, can it do the job? Or we need to compound first?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SArao View Post
    If we have to remove the marring and swirls modtly, can it do the job? Or we need to compound first?
    If you have light swirls, Essence should be able to remove them on its own.

If you have a lot of swirls and other defects, I would recommend beginning with something more abrasive and following up with Essence for the final polish to enhance gloss and clarity.

Retired Professional Detailer

6. Likes MikeC78 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

glad I found this, I was wondering how many car a 500ml would cover, I wonder why 500 mil is the largest bottle?

Post Thanks / Like

Great review and great correction on the essence! This will be an amazing product to use on that almost new car with very minor swirls instilled from the dealer prepping for cquartz. I know the label says this polish will prep it for cquartz however would you recommend an eraser wipe down just to be sure?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzscarwash View Post
    glad I found this, I was wondering how many car a 500ml would cover, I wonder why 500 mil is the largest bottle?
    Maybe it has something to do with the SiO2 content. If you had a 1 liter bottle or bigger, maybe you would end up having some of the SiO2 curing as the bottle became empty and exposed to more air. Or maybe the shelf life would make getting a really big jug a bad idea.

Post Thanks / Like

Ok so instead of starting a new thread I'm going to ask:

Does Carpro essence have the ability to clean up after a compound like fg400 or meguiars m101?

Can it cut as much as menzerna 3500?

Would you say it's a true finishing polish that can remove 2500 grit sanding marks and not just mask over them? I know they tout filling abilities with essence. Has anybody ever been able to confirm that it's actually correcting and not just filling? I'm guessing it's near impossible to actually remove it and find out?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Calendyr View Post
    Very impressive to have this kind of condition after using a polishing pad on a paint that bad!

How many cars would you say you could do with 1 bottle? I will be ordering the 500 ml one but I feel like I won`t be able to do that many cars with it.
    How do you know it actually corrected the paint and not just filled in the defects?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast