autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Quick review of McKee's 37 Rinse Free Wash & Wax (and Waterless Wash)

Hey everybody. I was recently given the new McKee's 37 products to try out and share my thoughts on. For those who don't know, McKee's 37 is a newly introduced lineup from PBMG. There isn't too much info out yet, but here is what I've put together so far:

McKee's 37 consists of products that may sound familiar to you from the Detailer's Pro and Pinnacle XMT lineups. They still provide the same great performance and ease of use we're used to expecting from the previously mentioned brands, but with a few new improvements to some of the formulas. Some of the products, like the Jeweling Wax, are completely new products.

I don't have a list of the products that these are going to directly replace, so bare with me! I'm just making observations . On a side note, I'm guessing the "37" refers to the total products that are going to be offered in the lineup. Bob McKee's "choice 37" in a sense. That's just baseless speculation on my part though.

Anyways on to the good stuff. I figured I'd start off simple and review the Rinseless Wash & Wax. I also used this opportunity to try out the Waterless Wash On The Go.

I chose my new Griot's Garage Microfiber Detailing Mitt for my wash media (love this thing).

Now for the cleaning. The directions on the product label were clear and easy to follow. I added 1.5 ounces of product to 3 gallons of water in my rinseless wash bucket and allowed the mitt to soak for a few minutes. The product has a familiar banana smell. Very pleasant.

The car wasn't too dirty so it was a perfect candidate for a rinseless wash.

I worked my way around the car with my mitt, flipping sides and cleaning it out in my rinse bucket after every 2 panels.

I used the Waterless Wash On The Go as a presoak on some of the dirtier parts of the car and it performed as I expected it to. The dirt became encapsulated in the product immediately. Cleaning was effortless.

Waterless Wash On The Go worked well on the wheels too.

Both products are very slick and left the paint looking fantastic. I dried using my Griot's Garage PFM Terry Weave Drying Towel. Drying was incredibly easy and left no streaking.

It started getting late towards the end of the wash, but I managed to finish up with McKee's 37 Fast Wax. Easy on, easy off. No streaks and a great shine in a 5 minutes application. Pinnacle XMT Spray Wax was a hit for me and this appears to be the replacement for it.

Well that was just a small tease of reviews to come. This weekend I'll hopefully be doing a correction and coating. Will definitely have something for you guys after that.

Thanks for reading and a big thank you to Nick and the rest of AutoGeek for the opportunity.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Quick review of McKee's 37 Rinse Free Wash & Wax (and Waterless Wash)

Amazing review and write-up as always Haris! I really enjoyed reading it because it shows every step of your wash and wax process. It's like I was there.

Amazing pictures too!

Keep up the good work and I'm looking forward to hearing your future McKee's 37 product reviews!
    2011 SEMA Meguiar's Car Crazy Showcase Team
    2016 Competition Ready Barn Find Porsche Team

Post Thanks / Like

Very nicely done, Sir!! Thanks for sharing it.

Post Thanks / Like

Where are you getting the new McKee products?
    In my day we didn't have the Internet, iPods,iPads, or smart phones....but we had some really bad-azz cars.

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome review! Very detailed.

I too have a box of the new McKee's 37 products. Going to start testing this weekend.
    IGL Authorized Coating/Kenzo Installer

Final Inspection Auto Detailing- https://www.facebook.com/FinalInspection

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you guys! I received a big box of 31 products, so if my assumption that there will be 37 total products is correct, then there are still a few surprises that have yet to be unveiled . According to Nick, there will be a McKee's 37 replacement for Pinnacle XMT 360 but with an improved formula. Good news for the many fans of 360!

Quote Originally Posted by silverfox View Post
    Where are you getting the new McKee products?
    Nick was kind enough to send the lineup my way

Quote Originally Posted by Justin@FinalInspection View Post
    Awesome review! Very detailed.

I too have a box of the new McKee's 37 products. Going to start testing this weekend.
    Sweet! Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on the lineup. I'm hoping to try out the polishes and coatings this weekend.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by haris300 View Post
    Thank you guys! I received a big box of 31 products, so if my assumption that there will be 37 total products is correct, then there are still a few surprises that have yet to be unveiled . According to Nick, there will be a McKee's 37 replacement for Pinnacle XMT 360 but with an improved formula. Good news for the many fans of 360!

Nick was kind enough to send the lineup my way

Sweet! Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on the lineup. I'm hoping to try out the polishes and coatings this weekend.

Thanks. My next 3 weekends are booked solid with details so I hope to try out some of the cleaners etc. Anxious to try the coatings too. Looking forward to seeing more of your reviews!
    IGL Authorized Coating/Kenzo Installer

Final Inspection Auto Detailing- https://www.facebook.com/FinalInspection

Post Thanks / Like

Excellent review and pics. Can't wait until the lineup is available for purchase. Reviews so far look real good.
    Yeah we all shine on, like the moon, and the stars, and the sun - John Lennon

Post Thanks / Like

Great review. Any reason you didn't use the spray wax as a drying aide?
    Thanks

McKee's 37 Product Support
    Post Thanks / Like

Awesome review Haris.

I especially love the shot with all the cool cars in the driveway / garage. Your house looks like it should be in "Fast & Furious"...S2000, Ferrari, 300ZX....*drool*

Here's a little more information about the 3 McKee's 37 products you reviewed in this article:

1. McKee's 37 Rinse Free Wash & Wax - This is an all-new formula that replaces "Rinseless Wash & Gloss." It contains more synthetic wax protection than any other rinseless wash on the market. It is packed full of real carnauba wax, synthetic polymers, and UVA/UVB absorbers. This product is so "substantial" with protection that it could be the one and only product you use to keep your car clean, shiny and protected, assuming you use it weekly (who else on this forum goes longer than a week without washing their car anyway? ).

2. McKee's 37 Waterless Wash On-The-Go - This is another all-new formula that replaces "Waterless Auto Wash." It is far more lubricious (try and say that 3 times in a row) than the DP product it replaces, and it's also much easier to wipe clean. A concentrated version will also be offered, one that is 3 times more concentrated than the DP product it replaces.

3. McKee's 37 Fast Wax - If you liked Pinnacle XMT 360 Spray Wax, you'll love McKee's 37 Fast Wax. A few minor changes were made to the XMT formula for use in McKee's 37, namely a minor change in one component that requires less shaking before use (this product is packed full of wax, some of which would settle in the bottom of the bottle. This was necessary because McKee's 37 is in a black bottle, not clear like XMT). In my opinion, this change made the wax even easier to use than before.

Again, awesome review Haris.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast