autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Review: Griot's Garage BOSS Creams and Pads

Review: Griot's Garage BOSS Creams and Pads
    Griots Garage BOSS Long Throw Orbital Polisher System

Description: (Taken from AG's website)

I won't post the description this time because I'm reviewing multiple products. Just check out the link I posted above and it will take you to the Griot's Garage BOSS system. You can click each product and read the descriptions in the website.

Prices:
    Griot's Garage BOSS Fast Correcting Cream and Correcting Cream:
    • $23.99 for 16oz (currently on sale for $19.99)
    • $129.99 for 128oz (currently on sale for $103.99)

Griot's Garage BOSS Perfecting Cream and Finishing Sealant:
    • $19.99 for 16oz (currently on sale for $15.99)
    • $109.99 for 128oz (currently on sale for $87.99)

Griot's Garage BOSS 5" Microfiber pads:
    • $25.99 for a 2 pack (currently on sale for $22.99)

Griot's Garage BOSS 5" Foam pads:
    • $22.99 for a 2 pack (currently on sale for $19.99)

Griot's Garage BOSS 5" 6 pack pads (pick your own combination):
    • $70.50 for a 2 pack (currently on sale for $55)

Griot's Garage BOSS 6" Microfiber pads:
    • $29.99 for a 2 pack (currently on sale for $25.99)

Griot's Garage BOSS 6" Foam pads:
    • $27.99 for a 2 pack (currently on sale for $22.99)

Griot's Garage BOSS 6" 6 pack pads (pick your own combination):
    • $87.97 for a 2 pack (currently on sale for $65)

Introduction:

Ever since I got my hands on the Griot's Garage BOSS G21 polisher (Here's my review: http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...upes-21es.html), I was amazed at how well the polisher works and I've always been intrigued on trying the BOSS creams and pads with it to see how the system works together. The time has finally come to have my chance to try it.

I was only able to try some of the creams and pads but I have no doubt that all of these fine products work equally well.

The Review:

I had a BMW M5 to detail this weekend and I told myself i wanted to give the Griot's Garage BOSS creams and pads a shot since I was planning to use the Griot's Garage BOSS G21 polisher. I wanted to see how well these products worked.

Since the car had a lot of swirls, I knew I would want to try the compounding products. So for this detail, I elected to try the BOSS Fast Correcting Cream and the BOSS Correcting Cream. Since this was a system, I wanted to try the BOSS microfiber pad with the BOSS Fast Correcting Cream and the BOSS orange foam pad with the BOSS Correcting Cream. Here are the products being used during my test spot procedure:

Correcting Cream with Orange Foam Pad:

Fast Correcting Cream with Microfiber Pad: (You can see my test spot in the background)

The Correcting Cream with the orange foam pad didn't really eliminate most of the swirls. I wanted more correction power than what I got. I wasn't really surprised by this given how bad the car's condition really was. So after, I tried using the Fast Correcting Cream with the microfiber pad and I was blown away with the amount of correction I achieved and it finished down LSP ready! How cool was that?!

Here are some shots when I used this combination:

Before:

50/50:

After:

Since I was achieving great results, I wanted to see if stepping down the cream to the Correcting cream while keeping the same microfiber pad will yield the same results. I was thinking that if it did, why use a stronger compound right?

I was achieving equally good results!!! Here are some shots when I used this combination:

Before:

50/50:

After:

I also used the Correcting Cream with the Rupes 75E mini and the Rupes green foam pad and it worked extremely well too!

Rear Bumper Before:

Rear Bumper After:

Window Sills 50/50:

Both the Fast Correcting Cream and the Correcting Cream are very thick and viscous. They were both very easy to work with and produce virtually zero dust. These creams provide a very long working time if you had to polish the surface longer. But even with just a few passes, these creams remove swirls VERY QUICKLY. The wipe off was a breeze too and as you are removing the product, you are left with a jaw-dropping, LSP ready finish. Well that was for the paint I was working with. I'm sure your results will vary somewhat. I used the Correcting Cream throughout the entire detail. It has a very strong smell. I can't really pinpoint what it exactly is but it's a blend of both chemical smell and something pleasant. After a few hours of my first time using it, I ended up having a migraine. I think it's because of how strong the smell was and I wasn't wearing a mask. The product label did say to use in a well ventilated area...

I also liked the dispenser/cover of the BOSS cream bottles. They are rounded at the top, which allows you to spread the product onto the pad. I think it's an ingenious idea! No more mess or using your fingers to spread the product on the face of the pad.

So we have talked about how great the Fast Correcting Cream and the Correcting Cream works. Now, I'd like to start talking about the pads themselves. Before we even start, I LOVE THESE PADS!!!

Here's a shot of the BOSS microfiber pad:

As you can see from this (and the orange foam pad above), these BOSS pads are very thin in profile. They are made specifically for the BOSS polishers and backing plates so you can expect them to fit the BP perfectly as shown below:

The fibers on the pad seem to have thickness to them too:

Here's one of the things I love about these pads, after buffing your work area, the fibers stay upright!!! How cool is that?! Here's a picture of the fibers after doing one work area:

Ever since Meguiar's came out with their microfiber pads, I've been a big believer of microfiber pads and I've always used them during heavy compounding jobs. But I absolutely hated working with the Meguiar's microfiber pads because the pads get matted down very easily. (Not to mention how easy they fail). But even with these disadvantages, I still continued to use them because of how well they removed defects. But now, we have these BOSS microfiber pads which fixes the problems the Meguiar's microfiber pads have! These BOSS pads also seem to be very durable! Now I know what I'm ordering next! I'm planning to get the 6 pack of each size and get all microfiber pads!! And did I mention, I LOVE THESE PADS!

Here are some after shots of the car I worked on using these BOSS Creams and pads:

Please check out my full detail write up on that 2013 BMW M5 here: Detailed: 2013 BMW M5 - Black Sapphire Metallic - HRE Wheels

Conclusion:

We are extremely lucky to have so many good choices when it comes to compounds, polishes and pads. There are some that work and some that don't work. If you want to use something that WORKS, you have to give the BOSS creams and pads a shot. I promise you will NOT be disappointed. The Fast Correcting Cream and Correcting Cream both remove defects very easily and finish down very well. It's very easy to use. Pairing it up with the BOSS pads makes it a pleasure to use. The pads are build extremely well and the low profile makes the BOSS polisher run smoothly. The color coding of the creams and pads make it easy to pick which pair to use.

This BOSS system is NO JOKE. Every single component of it works in harmony with the other. If you want a system that works in harmony and in synergy, you have to give these products a shot. These will now be my go-to compounds/polishes and pads.
    2011 SEMA Meguiar's Car Crazy Showcase Team
    2016 Competition Ready Barn Find Porsche Team

2. Thanks Artdnj thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review: Griot's Garage BOSS Creams and Pads

i am the jump starter.

Post Thanks / Like

Just a fantastic job on this review. Thanks for putting this together!

Post Thanks / Like

Excellent review!

Post Thanks / Like

Great detailed review to follow-up your write-up on the BMW. I like that you reviewed the entire Boss system in one post. Very helpful!
    Yeah we all shine on, like the moon, and the stars, and the sun - John Lennon

Post Thanks / Like

Great review! I just used my BOSS G15 for the first time today, used their pads and creams. I was very impressed. It's going to be the go-to for me.

Post Thanks / Like

The review master strikes again!

great job Marc!.......the car looks awesome!
    Tim
    "I have done so much with so little for so long.
    Now I can do anything with nothing"

Super Member Joe@NextLevelDetail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Excellent review finally someone giving the much over due respect they deserve .

They are nothing but some of the best polishes on the market

Post Thanks / Like

i bought all of the creams by the gallons. its all i used. highly recommend the WHOLE boss system as a whole. it works flawlessly.

Post Thanks / Like

Great Review Marc. Fast Correcting Cream paired with the microfiber cutting pads is an absolute defect killer. I'm very impressed with the BOSS lineup. They are some of the best products I've ever used.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast