autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review - CarPro Cquartz Leather Coating

Quote Originally Posted by kevincwelch View Post
    Nice review, Guz.

I noticed you had used Meguiar's quick detailer. Did you at any point use cleaners that laid down any protectants (basically AIO or 3 in 1s) or did you clean your seats periodically with a straight up interior cleaner?
    I am sure I did. I can't recall which one's I used. Going from memory I would say probably Meguiar's D180 Leather Cleaner & Conditioner for sure. But I gave them a deep clean every so often with an interior cleaner. I ended up switching to Meguiar's D181 Leather Cleaner for leather.

With the seats coated all I use is Meguiar's QID.

On my dad's I used McKee's All In One Leather Lotion prior to giving them a deep clean with D181 and coating them.

I deep cleaned them at least once a year if I used some sort of leather conditioning product whether it's a stand alone or AIO.

Quote Originally Posted by k20trick View Post
    For a 2002 that leather has held up quite well. They surely dont make them like they used to these days. Once my leather needs a cleaning I have a sample of wolfgangs conditioner to try out. I have been using meguiars all purpose diluted at the lowest level and conditioning with leather masters.

What is the difference between apc and the meguiars leather cleaner?

I would be a little afraid to use that adams brush with the lexus interior it seems like the coating chips off so easily. They definitely dont make them like they used to anymore. Not to mention the prior owner sitting on the thick bolsters rather than the middle of the seat (I hate when people do that).
    The leather has held up good. It helps that I don't daily drive it. The leather in my 99 Pontiac Grand Prix looks just as good other than one wear spot .

The difference between those two is that for me the leather cleaner leaves a less tacky feeling than APC after cleaning.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    I am sure I did. I can't recall which one's I used. Going from memory I would say probably Meguiar's D180 Leather Cleaner & Conditioner for sure. But I gave them a deep clean every so often with an interior cleaner. I ended up switching to Meguiar's D181 Leather Cleaner for leather.

With the seats coated all I use is Meguiar's QID.

On my dad's I used McKee's All In One Leather Lotion prior to giving them a deep clean with D181 and coating them.

I deep cleaned them at least once a year if I used some sort of leather conditioning product whether it's a stand alone or AIO.

The leather has held up good. It helps that I don't daily drive it. The leather in my 99 Pontiac Grand Prix looks just as good other than one wear spot .

The difference between those two is that for me the leather cleaner leaves a less tacky feeling than APC after cleaning.

I noticed the tacky feeling with higher apc dilutions but i try to use it at the lowest setting if anything you can always go back with quick interior.

Post Thanks / Like

Is the applicator reusable? I plan to do my truck center console top and then my car seats. Not sure if I will do in the same day thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Ryan

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ryanbabz71 View Post
    Is the applicator reusable? I plan to do my truck center console top and then my car seats. Not sure if I will do in the same day thanks

I tend to just use the applicators and toss them. You can see what happens to the applicator in the second video on page 2 at the 3:30 mark. It won't get really stiff because of the product within in the applicator and maybe that is a good thing as it means it is flexible. But the product will definitely harden on the suede applicator compared to an applicator that has nothing on it. It comes with 5 suede applicators so you should have enough.

Post Thanks / Like

I figured as much just wanted to be sure. Thanks!

Ryan

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Just to clarify, the 3 day cure time means that you shouldn't sit on the seats for 3 days, correct?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by unitsn4 View Post
    Just to clarify, the 3 day cure time means that you shouldn't sit on the seats for 3 days, correct?
    Fully cured meaning it has bonded and hardened onto the surface. See the side of the box. Dry to the touch in 10 mins. Can get wet after 4 hours. You can sit in the seat if you wish to. I would at least let it sit overnight before one sits in the seat just as a precaution.

I'm going off memory but I believe my dad sat in the seats a day or two after and nothing happened to the coating.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

What are your long term thoughts on this product? Yay or nay? Can you even tell it's on there?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    What are your long term thoughts on this product? Yay or nay? Can you even tell it's on there?
    Yay for me. It's still on the Impala seats. They feeling is different compared to seat that has nothing on it. I will post photos the next time I wipe it down to show the hydrophobic properties. I wipe down weekly with Meguiar's QID. It's been on my Camaro for over a year. I drive it at least once or twice a week right now.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast