autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Review - 303 Automotive Protectant

I received this product as part of the 303 giveaway.

Link to the product

303 Automotive Protectant

It was an overcast afternoon when I used this so the lighting it a bit off in the photos. It is not as shiny as it shows on the photos.

Front of the bottle

Rear of the bottle. Pretty self explanatory. I was originally going to use the microfiber towel that I had in the previous photo. I changed my mind and used a microfiber applicator instead. Now I did not spray directly onto the surface but onto the applicator itself.

Prior to application, I gave the interior a wipedown with Meguiar's D149 Quik Interior Detailer. After application of 303 I lightly buffed the areas with a microfiber towel to remove any excess.

The overcast day affected the lighting but here is a 50/50 to show the darkening effect of 303.

Here is the completed dash

Another angle

This was the first time I used this product and I really enjoyed using it. It's pretty straight forward on how to use it. It gives a nice matte appearance to the surface.

I will see how long it lasts. But overall a really nice product. I would recommend it.

2. Dislikes Lakewalker disliked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review - 303 Automotive Protectant

So, Is this the 303 product that we have all known and loved for many years, just repackaged (i.e. "Aerospace 303")?

And most of the other products in this "set" are new ones, correct?

Post Thanks / Like

303 Automotive Protectant

303 Automotive Protectant is a repackaged version of the world famous 303 Aerospace Protectant, with a new look! 303 Automotive Protectant is arguably one of the most versatile detailing products you’ll ever own. This advanced formula provides the utmost in UV protection on vinyl, rubber and plastic interior and exterior surfaces. 303 Automotive Protectant contains SPF40, the most UV protection offered by any surface protectant. 303 Automotive Protectant provides the ultimate UV protection.

Customer satisfaction is something 303 Products strives for with each formulation. They take great pride in simply “Doing what is right” for the consumer and the environment. 303 Products are unique and the company mission statement includes a fact; the product must improve people’s lives. Here are features of 303 Automotive Protectant that will surely benefit your life:

Stain resistant. 303 Automotive Protectant repels water and dirt, and resists stains. Treated surfaces require less cleaning and will remain in like-new condition. It restores the original finish to vinyl, rubber, plastic, acrylic, and finished leather. 303 is never oily or greasy.

Multipurpose. Use 303 Automotive Protectant on vinyl convertible tops, vinyl seats, tonneau covers, car bras, vinyl awnings, dashboard, and trim pieces. It is safe on vinyl, rubber, plastic, acrylic, and finished leather. 303 Automotive Protectant provides the best protection you can provide for a multitude of materials. Nothing works better on clear plastic to prevent yellowing, hardening, and clouding.

Post Thanks / Like

I've been using 303 for years and it's all I use on my interior bits because of the finish it leaves behind...matte👈 This thread has reminded me to go out and wipe down the dash and apply a new coat with my blue bottle of 303, thanks again for the products Matt.

Btw this is probably a good place to mention the new 303 3 in 1 leather conditioner. I received this product as well and it goes hand in hand with the interior treatment. I've used it on my steering wheel and shiftboot with great success! I've even used it on my leather Sketchers, works GREAT!

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Great review Guz. I have some of the new 303 products on the way and can't wait to give them a try. Should be here Monday.

I have used 303 Interior Protectorant and Fabric Guard on my boat and was pretty impressed with the products. Curious to see how these new products stack up.
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like

Does it smell good?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    I've been using 303 for years and it's all I use on my interior bits because of the finish it leaves behind...matte👈 This thread has reminded me to go out and wipe down the dash and apply a new coat with my blue bottle of 303, thanks again for the products Matt.

Btw this is probably a good place to mention the new 303 3 in 1 leather conditioner. I received this product as well and it goes hand in hand with the interior treatment. I've used it on my steering wheel and shiftboot with great success! I've even used it on my leather Sketchers, works GREAT!

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

Yeah I have a review on the 3 in 1. It's a really nice product.

Quote Originally Posted by Pats300zx View Post
    Great review Guz. I have some of the new 303 products on the way and can't wait to give them a try. Should be here Monday.

I have used 303 Interior Protectorant and Fabric Guard on my boat and was pretty impressed with the products. Curious to see how these new products stack up.
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    Does it smell good?

I can't recall if it had a scent. I'll get back to you on that. It does have less sheen than Meguiar's Natural Shine.

Post Thanks / Like

"303 Automotive Protectant is a repackaged version of the world famous 303 Aerospace Protectant, with a new look!"

Great review!

I'm glad they didn't "tweak" the formula of the 303 Automotive Protectant. The original Aerospace Protectant works so good. It's priced the same also (12.99 for 16oz) although the sale price varies slightly.
    Yeah we all shine on, like the moon, and the stars, and the sun - John Lennon

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I found the old packaging product leaving a slight oily residue. I also have CG Innerclean and 1Z cockpit premium, those 2 didn't leave a residue like 303. This is why I've been using 303 on outer plastic parts like door trim.

Is the new formula better on that? Can you say no residue whatsoever?

thank you for your review

Post Thanks / Like

Just got this in the mail. Great stuff! Probably my favorite so far for application and finish.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast