autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review - 303 Automotive Protectant

Quote Originally Posted by ubthestig View Post
    I found the old packaging product leaving a slight oily residue. I also have CG Innerclean and 1Z cockpit premium, those 2 didn't leave a residue like 303. This is why I've been using 303 on outer plastic parts like door trim.

Is the new formula better on that? Can you say no residue whatsoever?

thank you for your review

See post #3. I think that will answer your question on the product. Other than that this is the first time I have ever used an interior 303 product.

Post Thanks / Like

The NEW 303 blue bottles are a mix of old and new formulas. The protectant is the same original formula. Traditionally 303 has been hard to find for most people. The new packaging is designed to speak to the auto consumer who is passionate although maybe not to the degree of the folks on this forum.

Great to hear you liked it.

Post Thanks / Like

I've been liking the look of Megs QID because it leaves nothing behind. However, being I drive a GM product with a very plastic based interior, I decided to try the 303. 303 has been one of my go to products for years. I love it in the engine bay.

Being my interior has a tone of plastic (typical GM), I applied the 303 with a microfiber applicator. What really made a difference is a final wipe down with a separate towel. Leaves a really nice matte finish.

Most of these products are similar but I have to say 303 lays down better than similar products in the same category. I tried Meg's Natural Shine and it wasn't as easy to apply. Had to work harder to get it to even out compared to the 303 product.

4. Likes DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

it is quite amazing on interior plastics particularly dashes. it leaves my dash and door panels looking like new, leaves a UV protection and a slightly darkened effect. nice and smooth appearance.

6. Likes The Guz liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Huge fan of this stuff, have been for a long time.
    2019 GLI 35th Edition DSG in Pure Grey w/ OEM+ IS38 turbocharger and various bolt-ons.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NJNinja View Post
    I've been liking the look of Megs QID because it leaves nothing behind. However, being I drive a GM product with a very plastic based interior, I decided to try the 303. 303 has been one of my go to products for years. I love it in the engine bay.

Being my interior has a tone of plastic (typical GM), I applied the 303 with a microfiber applicator. What really made a difference is a final wipe down with a separate towel. Leaves a really nice matte finish.

Most of these products are similar but I have to say 303 lays down better than similar products in the same category. I tried Meg's Natural Shine and it wasn't as easy to apply. Had to work harder to get it to even out compared to the 303 product.
    This is something I have noticed as well. For whatever reason, 303 is so easy to get a uniform application and requires less "working in". I don't use it as much as I once did, but it will always have a spot in my cabinet.

9. Likes CleanIT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    Does it smell good?
    I know we are thread mining here, but I wanted to answer this question for future readers.

While 303 doesn't have a simulated scent, it does have a very neutral smell to it.

Post Thanks / Like

It works really well on tyres, I spray it on, let it absorb for 30 mins, then wipe them down so there's nothing to sling off. I'm using something else at the moment, but only till it's used up.

I do like the ease of use, but it's no good on plastics that get wet, exterior black trim gets streaky even after dew, and if I open my doors in the rain, the plastic on inside of the doors gets all streaky too. So I'm trying out TWHS Inside Job Ceramic and Graphene, to see if it's any more water resistant. Works well on the dash and centre console though.

Sent from my motorola edge 20 fusion using Tapatalk

12. Thanks DFB thanked for this post
    Likes Jayfro liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Forgot I wrote this. It’s a good product. Gyeon Preserve seems to be better on interiors than 303.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah I seem to get an uneven coat on my dash and do get streaks on doors if i it gets wet and I don’t wipe right away.

Also doesn’t seem to play well with interior QD’s that have protection.

Gyeon Preserve has been better short while I’ve tried it and PBL Vinyl&Leather Coating still one of my favorite interior products.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast