autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: BLACKFIRE Crystal Seal (New Formula) - Review

I just wanted to see it again (smiley face).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Angus View Post
    Great question - I topped HD Speed with BF CS. I was curious to see how well BF CS would bond to HD Speed/ what sort of durability I could get out of the combo.

For your car, if correction isn't need go with: BF GEP + CS for the best LSP protection.

Thank you.

Post Thanks / Like

*1 Month Update*

Well it's been a month, and I have to say things aren't looking good for Crystal Seal - on the paint.

Take a look at the photos I took this morning after yesterday's rain:

(Roof)

(Hood)

Beads have turned into amobias on the paint however if you look carefully at my sunroof, beading is still going strong on the glass surfaces I applied CS too:

Here's another angle showing how the two surfaces vary: paint on the left, glass on the right:

Why the dramatic difference between the 2 surfaces? Well the only thing I can think of is, BF CS and HD SPEED don't play well together and failed to bond.

Prior to applying CS, I used HD SPEED for some light paint correction before the cold weather set in. I was hoping CS would add a nice top layer for extra durability but knew full well my plan could backfire. And it did! However it's pretty cool to see the difference in beading between the paint and glass surfaces. And it only go to show how important prep work is and using products that work with each other.

So lesson learned: Do not use BLACKFIRE Crystal Seal on top of HD SPEED. I'll continue to keep any eye on the CS coated glass surfaces and update this thread on longevity.

For now, hopefully I'll have time this weekend to apply a new LSP on the paint. HD Poxy anyone????

Post Thanks / Like

Hmm I've been using the Wolfgang version recently and while I can't comment on beading and durability I can say it's so easy to apply and a joy to use. Fast and easy enough to apply after every wash so there's almost no need for a "booster" product although I've been using WGDGSS and it's also very easy and a joy to use.

Post Thanks / Like

I think its best to always make sure the surface is cleaned using some sort of paint cleaning specific product like Carpro Eraser to make sure all polishing residue and oils are removed from the surface.

This coating not lasting even this long is definitely not normal. I have Pinnacle Black Label on my dads car and 6 months after I applied it is still beading strong.

Post Thanks / Like

I have some and overapplied as well. I just followed it with the spray sealant about 30 minutes later and it cleaned up perfectly.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KneeDragr View Post
    I have some and overapplied as well. I just followed it with the spray sealant about 30 minutes later and it cleaned up perfectly.

Yea the high spots aren't hard to knock down even after a few hours of drying. It's not a big deal to over apply and take care of the high spots later.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the update Ian.

There is a pretty dramatic difference between the way the two surfaces bead.

Perhaps the best way to top an AIO would be with a spray wax. Something that does not care if the surface has been stripped with a panel wipe or the like. Or maybe it comes back to product synergistic compatibility.

What do you think?

Post Thanks / Like

I don't care whatever it is, but even after just regular wash I will make complete wipe down before putting a ground base long term LSP like Synergy or Crystal seal. I will not wipe down when I am going to on top with show off wax like souveran once these durable base was layered already.

Try again with wipe down and I guarantee you can see dramatic different in durability.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Angus View Post
    New and improved BLACKFIRE Crystal Seal review time!

From PBMG copy for BF Crystal Seal:

New formula lasts longer while producing an even slicker finish!

Create WHIPLASH on paint, plastics, and metal with crystal clear polymers!
    BLACKFIRE Crystal Seal is a paint sealant sealing that offers incredible protection and longevity for all paint finishes, plastics, glass, and metals. Just drops of this clear liquid produces a tough barrier over auto surfaces that resists contamination, moisture, and UV rays. Hyper-concentrated BLACKFIRE Crystal Seal packs the power of cross-linking Wet Diamond polymers in every drop

Directions:

1. Apply out of direct sunlight - Check
    2. Use very sparingly - Ooops… keep reading.
    3. Polish and clay your vehicle as needed before applying Wet Diamond Paint Sealant Spray - Check
    4. Vehicle should be clean and dry - Check
    5. Mist the panel lightly and use a clean microfiber applicator to spread it over one section at a time in a very thin layer - Check

Instead of using a microfiber applicator I decided to use a Lake Country Coating Applicator because a) they’re easy to hold, b) don’t soak up product, and c) allow you to apply a nice even layer.

Here’s a shot of my hood in the process of flashing over:

I also applied BF CS to my headlights and windows:

5. There is no need to buff - Yeah… so about that...
    Ok, as it turned out there was a few high spots I needed to buff. I’m blaming this on user error since I’m known to have a heavy hand and overapplied BF CS in a few spots:

Example #1 High spot before:

Buffing:

After:

Example #2 side-view mirror before:

After:

So as you can see, BF CS buffs off very easily and didn’t give me any lasting headaches.

After all high-spots removed:

Conclusion

Blackfire Crystal Seal has to be one of the easiest LSP I’ve ever used. Had I not over applied it, BF CS would also win for the fastest LSP I’ve ever used as well. Best of all, BF CS is highly cost effective @ $20 for a 4oz bottle that will last a long time w/ careful application… This is one product I can easily recommend and will be sure to provide durability updates in the weeks/months to come.

Additional Observations

A few mornings after I applied BF CS, I noticed some of the coolest frost formations I’ve ever seen:

Check out the frost icicles growing out of the hood and front fender:

How wild is that?!?!

As always, I hope this review was helpful. Please feel free to ask any questions.
    prett cool,I will purchase some thanks for the review.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast