autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Duragloss Aquawax Waterless Wash N Wax now available!

Neat- I love DGAW so I'll have to give it a try.

For those folks who have already used it: Does it smell similar to AquaWax?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Duragloss Aquawax Waterless Wash N Wax now available!

About a year ago here there was a thread and lengthy discussion on making a home brew concoction of 3 parts Fast Clean and Shine QD and 1 part AquaWax. Those that tried this combo said it cleaned very well and left some protection and gloss as well. I always found FC&S to give even more gloss than AW although the protection was not as good nor was it as good a drying aid as AW. FC&S is a true QD in cleaning ability and rivals many waterless wash products. For example, I find it cleans as well (and with at least the comparable gloss) as Ultima WW+ concentrate.

Recently I tried this home brew on my Diamond White Mercedes ML350. I was VERY impressed to say the least. I put the 3:1 ratio liquid in an old FC&S spray bottle and used it in the same way I would any waterless wash product. My paint was only slightly dirty, consisting of mostly road grime and dust. I would not recommend this or any WW product for that matter, if the car is really dirty.

I stepped back after the application and was amazed at how well this home brew cleaned and shined the car. As I said, it was at least the equal to my Ultima WW+ with the added bonus that the protection lasted for several weeks without even using a topper or spray "wax".

There is no way for me to know what the chemistry of this new product really is but I would bet it is probably a combo of some sort using mostly AW and FC&S.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12