autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Review - Pinnacle Black Label V2

Nick had sent me this as part of a giveaway back in the summer. It took awhile for me to use it as I could not find the time to use it with work and life. Things at work slowed down a bit so I had time to finally use it. So Nick sorry for the late review.

First off Mike has a great review of it here. He also has a great video on how to apply it.

Product Review: Pinnacle Black Label Diamond Paint Coating v2

Product can be found here. It has all the details about the product.

Piinnacle Black Label V2

This has to be the easiest coating I have used. It spread out relatively easy. It does flash quick. I did apply it rather thick for that reason. For example on the 96 Regal that I did, I used about 3-4 sprays for the rear quarter panel. This gave me a longer working time and it did not flash as fast. It also leveled out better using slightly more product. It made wiping off with a microfiber towel easily as well.

I used the Lake Country applicator that Nick provided to apply it.

I found it to have a strong chemical scent similar to the DP glass coating and PBL wheel coating. So if one has allergies or asthma like I do, I recommend the user to wear gloves. mask and safety glazes.

Overall it is a user friendly coating that anyone can use. If someone is looking for their first coating then this would be the one I would recommend. It feels slick and it gives a great glossy look.

I used it on these two vehicles.

1996 Buick Regal w/ PBL V2

2004 Harley Davidson VRod

Highlights from those two threads:

I gave the Regal it's first wash after it saw rain last week. The beading looks great.

The sheeting looks to be great so far.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review - Pinnacle Black Label V2

Very good- can you name some of the other coatings you have used, as well as your comparative thoughts?

And have you ever used a WOWA sealant, like UPGP? If so, how does the ease of application compare?

Thanks for the review!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review - Pinnacle Black Label V2

Quote Originally Posted by craigdt View Post
    Very good- can you name some of the other coatings you have used, as well as your comparative thoughts?

And have you ever used a WOWA sealant, like UPGP? If so, how does the ease of application compare?

Thanks for the review!

The other coating I've used is Ameriarmour. Its application is like CQuartz with the suede applicator and applicator block. Unlike PBL, Ameriarmour is not wipe on wipe off. PBL is much more user friendly than it.

I have not used UPGP or any WOWA product.